• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM757 sighted in Germany...decades ago

Adamlee

XM757

Have you found a Pershing yet? 8)

BTW, buddy of mine stationed in Germany with lots of stories from early 80's, he was M88 crewman. I need to find out if I can scan his old pictures....

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: XM757

Adam, all the missiles were destroyed by the early 90's except for some that were destined for museums.
The XM757 were later replaced by German MAN 8x8 10-ton trucks.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would they have changed the paint to CARC in the 70's? Do you have a M# on the trailor? Does the trailor use the same wheels?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow that's some great old pics you found. Have you decided what trailor your going to use?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Bjorn,
The trailers were actually erector/launchers, and thus were also included in the SALT treaty. I did an article on the Ford 8x8 and Pershing for the British publication Classic Military Vehicles - it appeared in issue 62 (July 2006) which you may find useful.

Best,
David Doyle

wideload

Bjorn,
I visited Sam Wieners about 5 years ago and I am sure that there were a quantity of Pershing trailers there although they did not have the launcher frame, you never know there may still be one left in the yard. I took some still photographs I will try to find them this week and scan one in. John Riley