• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM818 parts? what are they worth?

vinny-socom1

Hello,

I'll be taking the 5th wheel assy off of my trucks soon and was wondering if there is anyone in the market for them or should I think about scrap weight. I also was thinking about putting one on a M105 chassis to use as a dolly? But at this time I have no large trailers to use it for. Any ideas? What are they worth? Thanks Vinny

Attachments

vinny-socom1

I plan to "BoB" one of them, and the other I'm going to cut down a drop side bed to 9' and put it behind the tool box & spare tire.Kind of a short bed 6x6. Thanks Vinny

98hd

Re: RE: XM818 parts? what are they worth?

vinny-socom1 said:
I plan to "BoB" one of them, and the other I'm going to cut down a drop side bed to 9' and put it behind the tool box & spare tire.Kind of a short bed 6x6. Thanks Vinny
Duece bed fits nice, why bother cutting one.

I may be interested in a set of ramps too.

vinny-socom1

The tractor chassis is shorter than a standard 5ton chassis, so there is only 8-9 feet behind the tool box to the end of the frame. I plan to use a newer style 5ton dropside bed that has 2 panel sides and just cut the rear most off. Vinny

98hd

vinny-socom1 said:
The tractor chassis is shorter than a standard 5ton chassis, so there is only 8-9 feet behind the tool box to the end of the frame. I plan to use a newer style 5ton dropside bed that has 2 panel sides and just cut the rear most off. Vinny
Yup, I realize all of that. Just pointing out the fact that if you remove all the 5th wheel and tool box etc. behind the cab, that a deuce dropside is the perfect length. Incase you hadn't realized or thought of that option.

vinny-socom1

Yea but I like the tool box and spare location, I plan to add a water tank in the middle of the tool box & spare so I'll have fresh water on the go. I did think of the duce bed at first, but once I got them home I changed my mind.

Thanks Vinny

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be interested, What do you want for the hitch? I'll be in Ocala in August.

vinny-socom1

OK I've finally got to the point where I can start pulling things off. If anyone is looking for anything please let me know, I'll be at the FL Rally so I can bring the parts there. I have already sold a trailer plug harness from tree set up but everthing else is available except the tool box.

Thanks Vinny