• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xm818 rear hub seals

DOCUSN1

Hi all hope every one is well been some time since I have been on. Does anybody have parts # s for the real axle seals inner and outer other than NSN # ? to order aftermarket seals or is Old Iron my best shot they seem to be the cheapest NSN parts so far any suggestions cause my tractor is miss behaving throwing oil. Thanx Guys Mark :cry:

groundog

outer seal is a 7413447 and the inner seal is 7979349---I am in the process of re-placing both bearings and seals----who ever worked on the truck had put two inner bearings on the rear axle---OD is the same but ID on the outer is smaller---Groundog

Jared

M813 Rear Axle Seal Part Numbers

Hello,
Are the numbers listed here commercial truck parts? If I take the truck (M813) into a heavy truck repair shop will they be able to get these seals through normal truck parts houses? Or should I get them first from one of the places that specializes in military parts?
Thanks,
Jared

jwaller

if they service rockwell's then they should be able to get them but there isn't any reason not to call 1 of 10 surplus guys and have them on hand when you show up.

BTW where are you guys getting the sockets to get the bearing nuts off?

groundog

;-)I got my sockets at the local big truck parts warehouse--plan on 75 to 85 dollars----they are three quarter drive---I re-placed all wheel cylinders and master cylinder and rubber lines---it was a job

DOCUSN1

I wouldent bet on them getting the seals at least thats the way it is around me. I just got done doing mine no problem at all simple job, just make sure you get the wiper to along with the inner outer seals. Napa had bearings in stock expensive but they had them, I didnt plan on bearings but had a bad cup on one side. If you cant get your parts let me know I can get what ever you need plus shiping. Mark