• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM818 w/M118A1

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M118A1 is the dream trailer for the deuce tractor owner. I wanted on the whole time I had a deuce tractor but never got one!

TedG

I would be interested in working a trade with someone that has a military lowboy or step deck. This particular trailer is nice but it will take some big ramps to drive my hmmwv up on to it!

sodslinger

Design some fold down landing gear. You could lay they front of the trailer down onto the ground, load it, then stand it back up and get under it with your truck. Just a thought.

Hammer

What is the clearance the landing gear and tires for the M118 trailer?
I am looking at one (long distance off), but not sure it will clear my 818 with the 16.00 tires.
It would be at a steep angle, but I wouldn't be worried for how I would use it.

goldneagle

What is the clearance the landing gear and tires for the M118 trailer?
I am looking at one (long distance off), but not sure it will clear my 818 with the 16.00 tires.
It would be at a steep angle, but I wouldn't be worried for how I would use it.
Maybe you can put 1600's on the trailer too?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I bought a trailer from Recovery 4x4 that I intend on making a lowboy from.
It is the one that is under the expando vans.
A SS member posted one that he made and it looked professional.
Finding someone that wants to set the van up without the trailer might be an issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks