• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

XM971 Rebuild and Camper Mod

ROCKWELL-C60

Yea them flat head screws are a b**ch. Looking forward to seeing your progress. These trailers probably the best made trailers ever, there built like an aircraft but stronger and there emp proof.

Csm Davis

Yea them flat head screws are a b**ch. Looking forward to seeing your progress. These trailers probably the best made trailers ever, there built like an aircraft but stronger and there emp proof.
Yeah well my inside roof panels are sagging now looks like the drop ceiling braces were holding it up. Guess I will be opening it up all of the rivets are steel core aluminium, I hate disimular metal contract it always has corrosion issues.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Csm Davis

This looks like a great project. Can you give any details on the planned end-result / and use?
Camper
Even you might be able to swing a cat around in that!
Naw can almost touch both sides at once.
I left drop ceiling in last 17' and put 1/2" finish grade plywood in front cause the aluminum sags during hot cold cycles.
Thinking about running 1" angle aluminium across at each set of rivets. Taking all of the drop ceiling out.

Csm Davis

Had rude awakening this morning. First piece of insulation I moved this morning had some CS crystals in it and it went right in my face, wasn't expecting that!

red

Haha my first exposure to it was during basic as well. Had the flu and was really congested. Go into the gas chamber, finally get to take the gas mask off and all the snot in my lungs/sinuses dump on the drill instructors chemical boots. It was a violent purge but worked great hahaha.

Csm Davis

Well i have now dug in deep into the roof and it's not good there is wood with steel screws into aluminium, dang could they have made a better rust and corrosion attracting setup?

rustystud

Haha my first exposure to it was during basic as well. Had the flu and was really congested. Go into the gas chamber, finally get to take the gas mask off and all the snot in my lungs/sinuses dump on the drill instructors chemical boots. It was a violent purge but worked great hahaha.
In a way I was lucky since the guy ahead of me panicked. They restrained him and held him there in the chamber until he had totally pukked his guts out. I saw how they treated anyone who tried to get out and so when my time came I recited my general orders like the others (they hold you until you take a good breathe in) and took in my breathe and just let the snot and crud come out without moving. After a few moments they let me go. Then I got out and basically fell to the ground coughing and choking with all the rest.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are cracking me up!!
Flashbacks here too!!

If you haven't done it, you'll never understand it.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That trailer would really make a great hunting cabin.
Wood stove and all.

Will be quite the camper for sure.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well i have now dug in deep into the roof and it's not good there is wood with steel screws into aluminium, dang could they have made a better rust and corrosion attracting setup?
I knew about dissimilar metals corrosion years ago, but only recently learned that pressure-treated wood and plywood can't be used against aluminum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks