• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xtreme 4X4 Deuce bobbed(Spike TV)

nofearnohope

Ian, welcome to the site and look forward to the show. I almost fell off my couch when I saw you with that Deuce on the back as I had just picked up my first one a week or two earlier.

JTugwell

Ian, welcome to the site and look forward to the show. I almost fell off my couch when I saw you with that Deuce on the back as I had just picked up my first one a week or two earlier.
yeah me too. i got really excited! that was a good way to end a segment on hitches. big fan of the show Ian. as a matter of fact I think my dvr is pretty much full of extreme 4x4. you guys do some fantastic work. i cant wait so see what you're gonna do to the deuce. im sure it will be top notch. take care.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up the bed and pump today from Ian. Don't know what I'm going to do with it for sure. If somebody needs it or some parts let me know.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also got a "sneak peak" at the project. I don't know how much Ian wants public so I won't go into any details but It's going to be pretty cool. I will say that he is keeping the multifuel (for now) and I tried to talk him into seeing how much he can get out of it without blowing it. He mentioned "intercooler" and I told him about the recent thread of one installed on a 5-ton multifuel.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear the wheels on it are gonna be pretty special...........

100dollarman

I hear the wheels on it are gonna be pretty special...........

:-D:-D:-D It has genuine 100dollarman wheels and tires on it!!!:-D:-D:-D

We are excited to be involved with this project and working with Ian! He has some great ideas for this truck that you guys are gonna like!

I have seen some sneak peeks--- cant wait to see the finished (are they ever really finished?!) product!!! It's going to be an awesome ride!

BugEyeBear

:-D:-D:-D It has genuine 100dollarman wheels and tires on it!!!:-D:-D:-D

We are excited to be involved with this project and working with Ian! He has some great ideas for this truck that you guys are gonna like!

I have seen some sneak peeks--- cant wait to see the finished (are they ever really finished?!) product!!! It's going to be an awesome ride!

I'll bet that you'll see a significant increase in wheel orders following the airing of that episode!!

ALL GOOD!! :-D

WyoDeuce

Hate to be a downer but you guys need a dose of reality. Extreme 4x4 is a terrible show. They do a lot of unsafe mods and only explain half of what is needed to make complete and safe vehicles for off road. Now that a deuce is being featured on a saturday morning tv show you are going to have a bunch of novice mechanics running around in 13,000 pound trucks that they are not prepared to maintain and operate in a safe manner. We all need to start somewhere and these shows do provide inspiration to go start projects of your own but I don't think this project is a good thing. Also don't forget that a big reason for Stacy David leaving TRUCKS on spike was the vehicles he built were cut up and sold for scrap. The shows producers don't want the liability associated with a modified vehicle that was built on their show. The trucks get parted out and anything that is left gets sold for scrap. There is an early episode of GEARZ (much better show) where Stacy explains the situation and states that he now only works on his own vehicles and only installs aftermarket parts on friends vehicles that will not be scraped. I am not trying to bash one show and promote another. I just want everyone to know that you will see that deuce on EXTREME 4x4 but you won't see the footage of it being dismantled and crushed. It's a real shame but the lawyers will never let that truck be sold to someone who will drive and enjoy it. :evil:

area52

Yes, Extreme 4x4 could be better, but for now its the only show on TV that actually show anything about hard core 4x4.

As far as a bunch of novices running around with 13,000 lb vehicles, that happens all the time whether or not one is shown on TV. There are alot of posts on here of people picking up their deuce and not even knowing how to check the brake fluid. So it does and will happen.

At least we have a line of communication with Ian. He gets on over at Pirate4x4 alot more and does acknowledge the shortcomings of the show.

Alex400

Hate to be a downer but you guys need a dose of reality. Extreme 4x4 is a terrible show. They do a lot of unsafe mods and only explain half of what is needed to make complete and safe vehicles for off road. Now that a deuce is being featured on a saturday morning tv show you are going to have a bunch of novice mechanics running around in 13,000 pound trucks that they are not prepared to maintain and operate in a safe manner. We all need to start somewhere and these shows do provide inspiration to go start projects of your own but I don't think this project is a good thing. Also don't forget that a big reason for Stacy David leaving TRUCKS on spike was the vehicles he built were cut up and sold for scrap. The shows producers don't want the liability associated with a modified vehicle that was built on their show. The trucks get parted out and anything that is left gets sold for scrap. There is an early episode of GEARZ (much better show) where Stacy explains the situation and states that he now only works on his own vehicles and only installs aftermarket parts on friends vehicles that will not be scraped. I am not trying to bash one show and promote another. I just want everyone to know that you will see that deuce on EXTREME 4x4 but you won't see the footage of it being dismantled and crushed. It's a real shame but the lawyers will never let that truck be sold to someone who will drive and enjoy it. :evil:
it will be interesting to see if or how ian responds to that. To be honest, compared to how horespowertv, musclecar and trucks have turned out, i always thought extreme was the best one of the 4.

WyoDeuce

I agree that EXTREME 4x4 is the best out of the 4. I just hate to hear of great project ideas meeting the crusher. I also feel bad for Ian who is a legitimate mechanic but needs to abide by what the producers of his show want to do.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
As long as it isn't his money buying the parts, I'm sure he is ok with getting paid to turn a wrench. I'm sure I would be. SInce I'm out of work, they could bring me in as a consultant! Then maybe some of my goofy thoughts might come to life. :twisted:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet the deuce won't get cut up for scrap. I've already saved the bed and if Ian gives me the ok I'll be more than happy to go back and get the truck :wink:. I've seen the truck in person and I will say that the mods he's done on it so far are top notch.
When I was at their shop picking up the bed I noticed that most of the trucks they have built are still there at the shop. They are parked inside in a warehouse section of the building (stacked in there like cord wood). I have no idea what their plans are for them but they haven't been scrapped as of yet.

Last edited: