• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Xtreme Builds an LMTV M1078 Expo RIG/camper

DSD277

That was what they posted as the trip's cruising speed. In print, I see 55mph in the TM and seen 58mph in other places on the web. The LMTV has a 225HP engine, and the MTV is 290.
Looking back at the pic, the LMTVT w/ the JKU in it is over 10,500lbs gross. The curb weight of the LMTV is just under 17k, plus the shelter, I don't think you'd want to hot rod it;)

This is all I can do while I'm waiting for my MTV :popcorn:............:lol:

CombatVet

As for the speed of the FMTV/LMTV, I drove them in the deserts of Iraq. They run/drive like a dream! I fell in love with them while on my deployment. And I thought the HMMT wrecker was fast, pffft...the TV's are hot rod compared to most other MV's. Now, this is not written in stone. I was carrying a fairly light load on my 100 mile journey to our destination, and it still smelled like a new truck. But, I tell you...these things are fun to drive!:driver::razz:

Last edited: