• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yanmar oil drain adapter

coyotegray

I have a couple of 3kw generators with the Yanmar conversion. They run great but I would like to make changing the oil easier.

It looks like the drain plug is metric, m16X1.5. I'm trying to find an adapter to go to 3/8 mpt or fpt so I can install a valve and drain hose...

Any ideas.

As a last resort I found the correct size bolt at ACE hardware that I can bore out to make an adapter...

Isaac-1

The little Yanmar L40 powered fresh water pump I bought from GL a couple of weeks ago has such a setup with a hose that connects to the engine then a remote drain plug on the outside of the ASK housing. It is NSN 4320-01-338-8010 and there is a parts TM online for it, but I don't have it handy.

Ike

here is is

www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-10-4320-316-24P.pdf

parts 23-36 on Figure 1 Page 3 of 4

Last edited:

coyotegray

The little Yanmar L40 powered fresh water pump I bought from GL a couple of weeks ago has such a setup with a hose that connects to the engine then a remote drain plug on the outside of the ASK housing. It is NSN 4320-01-338-8010 and there is a parts TM online for it, but I don't have it handy.

Ike

here is is

www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-10-4320-316-24P.pdf

parts 23-36 on Figure 1 Page 3 of 4
Thanks!!

By looking at this manual I found the part TM for a larger pump unit and it took me to quickvalve.com and I was able to search for a smaller version... Perfect!!

http://www.qwikvalve.com/fumoto-f108n-valve.html

Not cheap, but better than cobbling it together unnecessarily..

ETA - Free USPS shipping from Quickvalve too!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks