• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Year and manufacturer unknown?

Brownac1983

Hey guys, I'm still looking for a deuce, and there are a few up for auction not too far away. A couple of them are listed as "year and manufacturer unknown". They have pictures of the data plates and sure enough, there is no manufacturer listed, just the NSN and vehicle number fields are filled out on the plate. That leaves me with three questions:
1. Is there any other way to tell the year and manufacturer?
2. Would this cause an issue when I went to title it in NC? What would they put on the SF-97?
3. Would it make a difference when I needed parts, etc? I would think if it fits an M35A2 it fits an M35A2 regardless of year or manufacturer, is this correct?
Are there any other pitfalls that I haven't thought of here? In your opinions, is there a huge advantage to bidding on an M35A2 of known year and manufacturer over one of the unknowns? Thanks in advance for any advice.
-Drew

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most likely they were rebuilt and the new tags a re the generic replacement tags that lack that basic info.

The year can be figured out based on the vin/serial number or the military ID number.

They are all the same...

Sorry I have nothing about your state requirements/info.

The SF-97 will use whatever you provide them with when you file for it.

rustystud

You could tell them it is a 1932 Buick skylark and that's what would come on your sf-97.
That's funny ! But very true ! When I called GL to order my SF-97 they asked what year did I want to put on it ! They where actually surprised when I said 1988 as that is what it is. They said if I wanted an older date I could get collectors plates. When I said that would not be right, he told me "no one can really know the dates on these trucks" . I said the frame numbers match the ID plate so it is a 1988 and that's what I want on the title.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks