• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yep another NG from South TX

Holedup

Got a little bit of small world big world going on here. What are you doing in Beijing? How do you like it?

Got a little bit of small world big world going on here. What are you doing in Beijing? How do you like it?
small world big world for sure! My wife and I came to share the Good News (more info in my thread saying "hi" to everyone). To earn our keep, I am a principal/Athletic Director of a local Private school and my wife teaches 1st grade. For the most part, we like Beijing. Don't get me wrong, there are days I hate being here, but anyone has those being this far from home for this long. It is a big city packed to the gills with people.

What part of CC you in? Ever heard of Agua Dulce? It is between Alice and Banquete on 44 west of Corpus. That's my hometown. I went to A&I for a semester and met about 20 people from CC that had never heard of it. haha.

Holedup

small world big world for sure! My wife and I came to share the Good News (more info in my thread saying "hi" to everyone). To earn our keep, I am a principal/Athletic Director of a local Private school and my wife teaches 1st grade. For the most part, we like Beijing. Don't get me wrong, there are days I hate being here, but anyone has those being this far from home for this long. It is a big city packed to the gills with people.

What part of CC you in? Ever heard of Agua Dulce? It is between Alice and Banquete on 44 west of Corpus. That's my hometown. I went to A&I for a semester and met about 20 people from CC that had never heard of it. haha.
Definitely heard of it. Used to drive back and forth to Alice all the time. I live on the Island. Looking at buying a house in the Bluff.

combatmech

For all the trash that was talked about the Bluff, I didnt think it was that bad. I have not been back that way in 5+ years. I'd hope it's gotten better.

Holedup

The Bluff isn't that bad. It's better than CC proper. The area right outside the base is pretty rough but the further south you get it cleans up. The house I was looking at (deal is now off btw) was on a real nice street.

I don't own a MV yet, been looking at the GL stuff. Would really like a 5 ton, I want to build a go anywhere RV. I've never played with them before so I have a lot of learning to do.

I did have a Toyota based buggy on 2.5 ton axles a few years ago. I went all through those axles, welded them up and replaced the pans, flipped the hubs and re-grooved the 46" tires. Even built my own pinion brakes for them and stripped the drums.

Just a matter of time I suppose, I will be elbow deep into one of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks