• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yes Left and Right Door Glass IS interchangeable on a Deuce and a Half .

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stayed up too late last night watching random Military Truck vids from around the world, in one of them the fellow stated that the door glass in a deuce and a half was specific for L and R .

So I thought about that and it didn't seem right to me since its just a square piece of glass, so I went out today and took a chunk of glass out of an old passenger side door, 20230405_141412.jpg20230404_194307.jpg20230405_141459.jpg20230405_141504.jpg20230405_141516_HDR.jpg20230405_141612.jpgand put it into the drivers door of my old M50A2 .

They are the same glass, the piece at the bottom of the glass is the only thing that is different and it comes off with 4 little screws and you can put back on the one you need .

Most of you guys probably already know this, but maybe there's somebody who didn't, so here's some pics too .

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Haven't had to tear into mine yet, but this is good info. Thanks for sharing
Story Time with Tim

Way back when... Shortly after we used to ride a dinosaur to school and back, I worked in a shop that repaired MV's for a utility contractor. We got the jobs in the woods and swamps that nobody else wanted - and were paid handsomely for that work (back in the day).

With all that said, everybody in the shop had their own specialty. Ed was the window and door man. He would pull the glass, pull the regulator, then clean everything up. Then the regulator was made like new - sometimes acid dipped - then greased and made good. The tracks were removed and the felts were replaced and bolted back in place. Then the window glass was replaced where required and sealed back in their freshly painted frames. It wasn't quick work. Old Ed could spend an entire day on two doors, but his work was always as good or better than factory new. You could crank those windows easily and dang it was nice!

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM would have told you that.
I'll bet you're right, but by the time I found a TM, read it and got it to sink into my ADHD infused grey matter, I could have fixed 4 doors/windows .

Every screw and bolt in this door and window assy will fit in the small of your palm, a minor amount of common sense and sone elbow grease can override any problem they may have .

Plus I wasn't really looking for any info, I just wanted to see for myselves, just me myself & I .

I was never good at teh book smarts, applied theory all the way 🇺🇸

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks