• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

YES! The title finally came for the M1009

BigjeepTX

After a 3 month fight with Texas DOT over getting a title on the M1009 they finally issued it. After 3 trips and VIN etchings along with pictures they decided that they would accept the SF97 from GL. At first they just wanted to argue about fee's and tax. I will NEVER buy a MV again that does not have a clear title the effort was not worth it. anyhow WOO HOO MV tags next week and I will run it up and down the road for the enjoyment of my neighbors until I run out of diesel. :-D Cant wait to get a deuce Im sure they will be happy about that also.

Bigjeep

BigjeepTX

I have titled 3 m1009's in texas and just handed over the sf97 form and they gave me tags right there, dont understand it.
I know it should be a no brainer but for some reason the VINs are not showing correctly in the system. Then when they found out it was a MV oh my vapor lock occurred. Cant wait to get a deuce and register that one. :-D

kenny

I have always go to a small local title company in San Antonio TX and never had a problem other than them telling me it has never been tittled and to double check the VIN.
15 minutes and about 100 to 150 dollars I am out the door with a window tag and new plates.
They did once tell me that my M1010 was a motor home. I just smiled and wrote the check and left

BigjeepTX

I have always go to a small local title company in San Antonio TX and never had a problem other than them telling me it has never been tittled and to double check the VIN.
15 minutes and about 100 to 150 dollars I am out the door with a window tag and new plates.
They did once tell me that my M1010 was a motor home. I just smiled and wrote the check and left
Your lucky the county I live in is huge and all the tag offices are without humor anymore I miss the old hometown run tag offices where you could have it your way.

Bigjeep