• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yet another 12v GP relay mod question...

Asmoday

OK...I have read as many of the posts as I can stand now on the GP 12v relay "bypass the resistor and connect to the firewall 12v source" mods...:cookoo: but I do thank all for their earlier informative posts.

My question is simple and I just want to confirm what I think is a typo in the TM schematics.

I want to keep the resistor and its original wiring intact so I plan on making a short lead with a fusible link, soldering, heat shrink etc.

I looked at CUCV Electrics schematic as well as the TM schematics and understand the wire size legend. But in the schematics it says .8 for the SXL red primary wire and .3 for the blue fusible link.

Being that .8 equals 18ga and .3 does not exist in the TM legend...they must have meant to put 8 which is 8ga for the SXL primary lead and 3 for the fusible link which is 12ga.....correct? Being that I now have learned that a fusible link should be 4 sizes smaller than the primary wire it's spliced into.

I did notice on the M1010 schematic it appears to be correct.

Just double checking cause I go crazy over the little things...LOL.

Out of curiosity what is the actual amps draw by the GP relay through that 12v wire connected to the top post after the mod when the relay is energized and is a 8ga wire big enough for the short run to the 12v firewall source just above the relay?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Asmoday

Thanks...:) I'm all good. I just wanted to point out that the schematic has a typo...LOL.

The wire from the GP resistor is obviously 8ga....not .8 which is 18ga as it's listed on the schematic....:wink:

Last edited: