• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yet another MEP003a Issue!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe its just my headache or the fact the 002/003 market is drying up in the south so I havent touched one in a few months, but does the solenoid not retract/stay retracted while in the run position for a few seconds if the switches are good? If you have good oil pressure and its not overheating, mine have all stayed retracted for a moment until the oil pressure sensor opens at its preset.
The solenoid will retract and stay retracted for as long as the master switch is held in the "start" position. It will also stay retracted in either of the "Prime & run" positions only as long as you have oil pressure and are not overheating. The instant you turn the master switch to "off", the solenoid is supposed to drop out because you have cut the power to it, then it doesn't care what the safety switches do. It has no power so even if you still have oil pressure for a few seconds, the solenoid will drop out.

Munchies

. It will also stay retracted in either of the "Prime & run" positions only as long as you have oil pressure and are not overheating.
Ah , glad I am not crazy. Thank you for confirming my thoughts.

Yes so if the switches are operating correctly, for a brief moment after holding in start and then letting go , the master switch will fall into prime/run. Your solenoid should stay retracted until the oil pressure drops down again. This test wont work good in very cold conditions.

dependable

Back to the service interval, fuel filter/oil level,...clogged fuel fitler, low oil... If you run this as much as you say, if you service oil & filters as to spec,( I know you downloaded users TM) unit will serve you. Otherwise....on an old diesel like this, would check oil level each time you fuel.

Last edited:

rustystud

Back to the service interval, fuel filter/oil level,...clogged fuel fitler, low oil... If you run this as much as you say, if you service oil & filters as to spec,( I know you downloaded users TM) unit will serve you. Otherwise....on an old diesel like this, would check oil level each time you fuel.
I'm in total agreement ! I lived off grid for 5 years (not by choice) and the only power was the generator. You must service these units religiously ! Oil does get burned, and leaked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks