• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

yet another tire question.. need help

deucedeuce

ok i know that everyone said the 14.00 cannot be used in any way shape or form on the deuce... that being said, i know that this is going by the heigth of the tire new/ manufacture spec. i was recently givin 6 of the goodyear 14.00r 20's i have them mounted on wheels and they all measure out to no more than 46.5"s. with the axles being 48"s apart would there be any way i could squeeze them on without major fabrication?? this truck is more of a parade truck and is seldomly driven so the tires will mostly be for show.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There's been a few that have modified the dogbones for the rear tandem setups to push the axles further apart. That might give you a little more room.

sp00n

even after you modify the rear axles to allow a tire that size to be used you will have some major rubbing problems with the front tires while steering. I also suspect your tires will be meeting the underside of the bed and fenders if you go offroading or load it heavily.

Might be better to sell those and buy some 395s.

Cleptomaniac

395s work great but only leave you about 2in clearance between the back 2 tires I tried for bigger but their a no go w/o alot of mods :cry: ended up bobbing mine:? When we move to a bigger place I'll hopefuly get anouther and keep it 6X6 :driver:

deucedeuce

if i lengthened the dogbones about an inch and a half each and moved the axles apart is there anyway i could maybe weld a plate or something to extend the leafs a little longer?

deucedeuce

another quick question, if i 4 395s in the back could i run the 14.00 in the front and still be able to lock it in 6x6 in mud or loose ground(absolutely no ashpalt or hard ground)

emr

all that suspension work and mods for tires that are just to big and your turning radius will be nothing also like said earlier, its just not worth it, and welding parts in a driveline is dangerous and can even be a law suit if something goes wrong , 395s look better and work , and it will still be a safe truck, since U are asking...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks