• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

YRC just a heads up!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In case you are thinking of using YRC for a LTL load, they now have a contract with Walmart and all Walmart shipments are given first priority.
That means I am screwed, I shipped in some radios for terminal pickup, the trailer has been at the terminal for 10 days and has yet to be stripped, they keep telling me "tomorrow" and admit they have trailers in the lot that are over three weeks old and still not yet stripped, so it is possible it could be months before I get my shipment, meanwhile the radios sit in the "oven" with daytime temperatures near 100deg day after day.... GEEZ...
45 min. on hold only begot me nothing but "apologies" for the delay messages.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yrc and Walmart have had a contract for years their influx flow has not changed. So someone at that terminal is yanking your chain about a trailer not being unloaded. It is probably due to staff shortages. Pm me your tracking number and I will notify the appropriate people and see what the issue is.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yrc and Walmart have had a contract for years their influx flow has not changed. So someone at that terminal is yanking your chain about a trailer not being unloaded. It is probably due to staff shortages. Pm me your tracking number and I will notify the appropriate people and see what the issue is.
PM sent

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
“F” YRC- I shipped through them from NC to NY. They sent me a follow up invoice for almost double the quote because “it was a residential pickup , and there was an inch overhang on the pallet” so they charged me for the airspace above all the way to the ceiling.

I made it quite clear where they were picking up. And an inch? Seriously? Never again

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They have a bad tendency to overbill after the fact unfortunately. They are being sued by the federal government for overweight billing on defense items.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Will update the thread for the OP. The trailer with your stuff will be unloaded on 7/3/20 as the list stands right now for the hot sheet.

The CDC closed that terminal down on 6/19 due to 4 dock employees testing positive for COVID19. The terminal was cleaned last week. All employees at the terminal are on quarantine except those that were on vacation at the time. Those vacation employees were back at the terminal today conducting operations but there are only 2 dock workers And 2 office staff. Luckily its a small terminal.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We will see, this is not the first time they gave me a date and then another etc.
I purchased these radios because a customer needed them not to just let sit in an oven, BTW there were dock and office personnel there every day since the first time I went there in person on the 22nd so I am not sure how they can assert they were shut down last week.
Do not get me wrong I do appreciate the effort you have made on my behalf, I am just sick of everyone using the wuhan flue as an excuse, it is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on us, as the numbers come at least the ones we can believe it is apparent it is no more dangerous than many other viruses we have faced and we never burned the country to the ground for any of them.......
Unfortunately it shows how well the public has been conditioned to just believe anything they are told, I am SOO glad my time here is rather short.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
We will see, this is not the first time they gave me a date and then another etc.
I purchased these radios because a customer needed them not to just let sit in an oven, BTW there were dock and office personnel there every day since the first time I went there in person on the 22nd so I am not sure how they can assert they were shut down last week.
Do not get me wrong I do appreciate the effort you have made on my behalf, I am just sick of everyone using the wuhan flue as an excuse, it is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on us, as the numbers come at least the ones we can believe it is apparent it is no more dangerous than many other viruses we have faced and we never burned the country to the ground for any of them.......
Unfortunately it shows how well the public has been conditioned to just believe anything they are told, I am SOO glad my time here is rather short.
Well this is from the regional manager I deal with often who talked to the terminal manager there. This was not from any customer service rep. I will follow up on it on Thursday.

I am not going to debate their guidelines and what they have going on at their terminal. It is a small terminal with not much activity really so they don't operate with many people I am sure.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well a fire got lit under someones A$$, They called and I picked up the shipment this morning, there were 6 or so forklift drivers working and the parking lot and building was stuffed!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had another vendor use YRC again, it sat at the depot where it was dropped in UT from 7-21 until 8-3 where it now says it is on a trailer to Dallas, I had another shipment, of tires that was dropped at Central Transport two days later in VA and I picked it up at the Corpus terminal on the 29th,,,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks