• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yspilanti, Michigan Car/Truck Show - Salute to Vets

paradeduty

Ypsilanti, Michigan Car/Truck Show - Salute to Vets

This one is coming up pretty fast - May 6, 2012. This is an annual Car and Truck show at a nice park setting. I have had conversations with the event organizers with regards to bringing military vehicles (due to their size and weight, I usually ask) being as this year they seem to be pulling out all of the stops to have a "Salute to the Veterans". They seem to have quite a bit of publicity - even national publicity - going to be involved with this show. I don't know all of the organizations who are going to be involved in the event, but it sure sounds like quite a few. I just talked to Tom with the organizers this afternoon, and they are very excited about having as many MV's to display as possible. Anybody who is fairly close (or not if you are adventurous!) and would like to join me and others in this celebration, please feel free to chime in. I have been to the park for a walk-through and it is a really nice area on the river - definitely family friendly.

Thanks, Dave.

Attachments

Last edited:

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would love to come and bring my M923A1, I am just waiting for exaust parts from BFR so I can drive my truck. As soon as he sends them I will be able to go.

paradeduty

Excellent DiverMan!

Hopefully the parts will get here in time for you to have time to install them (no more melted air lines for you!). They have a nice small parking lot (appx. 100' x 125') for us to put the trucks so we don't have to worry about tearing up the soft grounds with the heavier trucks in the spring.

Be looking forward to checking out the truck.

Dave.

paradeduty

Hey Guys -

Just a clarification, noticed that Islandguy mentioned that it is on Saturday - sorry, but this one is a little off and the show is on Sunday (Saturday is the kickoff party and registration if you wish - you can still register on Sunday). Got a call from the club organizers and they are really looking forward to having a few trucks there for the Vets. Looks like the weather is going to hold out for Sunday. Thanks Guys!

Dave.

islandguydon

Am I still invited to attend..? :shock:

What time are the trucks expected to show up..? All I can bring is a 109. Just repainted it. I have no placard for the front like you do with the history. I also would need an address for the garmin.

Attachments

paradeduty

Hey there Islandguy -

Sure !! No invitation required !! I have talked to their registration organizer who is also helping with organizing the "salute to the Vets" specific stuff. They would be so excited to have a good turnout of the Military Vehicles. New paint on the 109!! very cool. Trust me, I am just bringing what I have that is fairly presentable (but it does have telltale rust here and there if you look). I think they are all going to be well recieved no matter the shape they are in. Really appreciate it if you can make it.

Dave

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I don't think anyone knows a physical address, but if you are coming from the north, come down U.S. 23 south to I-94 go east to Huron st. exit 183. go North approx 1.5 miles and Riverside Park will be on your rt. Turn in and you will be guided where to park.
If you are coming from the East, go west on I-94 to exit 183 Huron st. turn Rt. and go 1.5 miles to Riverside Park on your Rt.
If coming from the west take I-94 to exit 183 Huron St turn left, go 1.5 miles to riverside Park on Rt. Turn in.
If you are coming from the south, take U.S. 23 to I-94, go east to exit 183 Huron st. go north 1.5 miles to Riverside Park on your RT. Turn in you will be directed where to park.
Hope this will help everyone.
SHOW UP AT 8:30 TO 9:AM
Mark

Attachments

paradeduty

Excellent work keeping up with the info Mark!

I try, but sometimes i just can't keep up.

Anybody else interested in attending, there should be plenty of room set aside for the trucks and free entry for the MV's! The more the Merrier!

Dave

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just google riverside park, Ypsilanti.

Wish I could attend. I grew up just a few miles away, I remember going to see the traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall in riverside park as a kid. I lived in Ypsi just a few blocks away from riverside when I went to Eastern Michigan too.

Take lots of photos and have fun!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks