• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yspilanti, Michigan Car/Truck Show - Salute to Vets

islandguydon

Who all is going to attend. I am bringing 2 SS members with me. Also what time do you think the show will be over..?

68t

I remember the good old days in ypsi. Also the plymouth food fest, the red door bar. This was in the 60ee , bob segar, dominoe,s. konnie collitie. Nice cars then. Have a good time.

paradeduty

Hey IslandGuy,

Honestly, I'm not sure myself. Most car/truck shows get over about 3:00-4:00. Very cool that you are bringing the troops! My wife is following me in her car so she can run around if we need anything during the show. In the past, folks have all chipped in and she ran out and brought back pizza. Sam's has a pretty good deal on larges and it is not far away at all. Got the new driver's door window regulator in and a quad flash warning beacon (was already prewired for it) installed on the PLS today. Derrick may be out and bring one of his crane remotes with him so we can see if it is the correct model for the PLS crane. Matter of fact, my wife is on her way back from Sam's to pick up another 10 gallons of hydraulic oil so we can top off the reserve tank - what a gal! Am bringing a 25' sectional flagpole (and flag) that we usually bring to these things. Usually works great with the truck as an anchor/support. I'm going to try really hard to get there a little early to keep the truck from being a bit in the way of the event traffic. It's a bit of a wide alley that leads down to the south side of the park from Michigan Avenue and I think that it might be a little easier with fewer smaller cars around. Anyways, pretty excited to see everybody there! Dave.

islandguydon

Thats cool, Do you have an extra flag like in your avatar...? We all like pizza. I have some extra SS vehicle stickers for you and who ever shows up.
Recovery4x4, Kenny sent me a chit load of them. Do you wear a large T-Shirt...? if so I have a 2011 GA Rally shirt for ya to, wreckerman sent me a few dozen so I give them to new SS members I meet . Don

Last edited:

islandguydon

Had a good time, Good food and good company. Diverman and the misses was there so was, Derrik112 , Mikesmobilmarine, Mogger and Paradeduty and the misses.

As most of all car shows you get a bit of everything all thrown in. Here are a few pics of what I found interesting.

Attachments

islandguydon

Is this event a yearly one. If so by next year there should be a better MV turnout. I will see what I can do to get more trucks there.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
What a fun day, met Dave and Judy, Islandguydon, and a few other people.
Had lots of fun chatting with people about our rigs. and just hanging out.
In one shot the Jack Russells were in charge Shaddow was driving and Charlie was hanging out the window.

Attachments

Last edited:

196thprober

Thats cool, Do you have an extra flag like in your avatar...? We all like pizza. I have some extra SS vehicle stickers for you and who ever shows up.
Recovery4x4, Kenny sent me a chit load of them. Do you wear a large T-Shirt...? if so I have a 2011 GA Rally shirt for ya to, wreckerman sent me a few dozen so I give them to new SS members I meet . Don

Don,

Would you save me one of those t shirts in L or XL for the Oscoda show? I already got stickers from Kenny. Really appreciate it if you could do that!

paradeduty

Hi Don and Mark -

First, Thanks to you and everybody for coming out to the show. It was a great show and the organizers were very appriciative. A little after you guys had to leave, I gave some contact info for myself to the organizers for next year and they again expressed their appreciation to us for bringing the trucks including asking us back for next year. Had quite a few folks with questions and comments about the different trucks, quite a few of which had served in the Military. It was a pleasure meeting everybody and spending the day. Just a class act group of people.

Dave and Mary

196thprober

Hi Don and Mark -

First, Thanks to you and everybody for coming out to the show. It was a great show and the organizers were very appriciative. A little after you guys had to leave, I gave some contact info for myself to the organizers for next year and they again expressed their appreciation to us for bringing the trucks including asking us back for next year. Had quite a few folks with questions and comments about the different trucks, quite a few of which had served in the Military. It was a pleasure meeting everybody and spending the day. Just a class act group of people.

Dave and Mary

Dave and Mary,

Any chance you might be coming to the Oscoda Show? Just curious........

paradeduty

Hi Chuck,

Oscoda sounds like an awesome show, but it is one heck of a drive for us. I've also got my hands full trying to get the M985 and 5-ton HMTT ready for the Warren show (TACOM/DAOD). It would be a real shame if I did not manage to get the HMTT that was built at TACOM done enough for the show to celebrate their 70th anniversary. Oscoda is definitely on our list of good things to do!

Dave

paradeduty

Pictures from Ypsilanti 2012

Well, just realized that my wife, Mary, was really busy taking pictures at the show over the weekend. So, if you can extend some patience, I can try to get some of these up-loaded. Enjoy!

Dave

Attachments