• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zeeland Mich Step Into the Past

maxim

This past weekend Zeeland sponsored a Historical Time Line starting with the Revolutionary War to the present. Re-enactors, living historians or what ever you choose to call them, set up an example of a soldier field camp of the era for the public to come by and ask questions and learn about the soldier of that era. Along with this was a small but impressive line up MV's from WW2 to the present. There was even a Dutch DAK truck and US staff car. The Half Track, Staff car, Mule, and M-37 also made a showing in the afternoon parade along with about 30 re-enactors. The group and vehicles were well received. I represented the WW1 Doughboy so there was no opportunity to take some photos during the parade but here are a few from the static display.

Attachments

67Beast

The DAK is Pierre Jalving's and I'm sure a few others were his also. The M37 should have been Tom Curnicks as he is local to Zeeland. If it had a pin up girl named Hot Flash, then it was his. I just did that pin up decal for him a few weeks ago right after the Silver Lake Show. I wanted to go to this show, but instead ended up in Ohio at the inlaws with the wife and kids. :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks