• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zombie attack at the Flying F

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cant wipe this grin off of my face.
Funny thing is, several times the director had to cut the filming and say something like "Okay zombies, pleeeease stop grinning! Look mean!"
Being covered in fake blood and ravaging the neighbourhood just doesn't come naturally to most folk.

It really all is fun though, seeing how this stuff is done.
Most of it is fun anyway, I'm hoping my unscripted backflip over the *$#^ barricade looks good on film because it bloody hurt! (Yeah I know, whine whine...) But that's what I get for not making sure it hadn't been moved during takes. My marks were still good, the barricade had just been knocked sideways about 10".

Cheers

Green_gator

Hard to tell with the glasses but JeffL, you sure look like an old buddy of mine from Florida. Nice to see all the vehicles out and about, I have got to get back out that way if only for Rudy's.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to tell with the glasses but JeffL, you sure look like an old buddy of mine from Florida. Nice to see all the vehicles out and about, I have got to get back out that way if only for Rudy's.
That's entirely possible. Jeff isn't on here much these days (if ever?), if you PM me your contact info, I will pass it on to him.

What's the name of the big truck on 8 wheels next to the deuce?
That is actually a 5-ton next to the M1003, it just makes it look like a Deuce! :)

Cheers

Last edited:

Capt Pat

You're right, working in the movies can be a real hoot. One of our "Group" members is big into that stuff. He does alot of pyro work as well as black powder cannons for old style events in them, "Gods and General's", "Last Samurai" and others. He manufactures them custom as well. From "book end and "G.I.Joe" scale to full size. He measures them by whay they shoot, like golf balls, tennis balls etc.
He says the directors can be idiots with your gear, and you have to rent it WITH yourself as driver to protect it. He's got some deal working now, and is rebuilding a couple WWII vehicles as well as converting a 1950's vintage LCVP landing boat to look exactly like a WWII "Higgins" boat. He's decided to take some of our "Group"s 'Cannoneers' with him on the next job. I "ain't" one of them. Don't do well around them even when I know they're firing. Too much history for it....... But chasing zombies sounds better than being the target for three police swat teams that have you trapped in a high school and they have simunitions, while they only allow you BLANKS........

Last edited:

badassissimo

Darn. I was hoping to find more pictures of the m1003 on the internet. I really like that body style with the quad steer in the front and two axles in the back. I've seen some demag hauling trucks with flat beds like this and think they're pretty cool.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I understand it, they were only used in small numbers and mostly by the USAF. There was a heavy truck proposal submitted by a GM/M-A-N team, but it lost out to Oshkosh with HEMTT and PLS.
As RW66 indicated, it is basically the same as the M-A-N Kat.

It is a beautiful truck, but VERY complex. I imagine it would be much simpler to maintain in Europe with parts available locally rather than Trans-Atlantic, but Sarge keeps her running.

Cheers

badassissimo

I found a few videos of R/C replicas. I find this to be an affordable alternative. Lol. I've done a little modeling so it could be a cool long term project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks