• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zwick compressor and engine oil?

rothroq

What type of oil is called for in the small Zwick compressor and engine, Wisconsin I believe.

I have only seen a reference to a mil-L-2104 which looks to be a single 30 grade synthetic.

Is there a better or easier to find equivalent? What's everyone using?

Jimc

well on the compressor side, nearly all piston compressors run 30w non detergent. you can get it right from napa. i dont know about the engine side. you dont want a regular detergent type oil in a compressor. the detergents keep particles and moisture suspended in the oil real well so a filter can pick it up. a compressor has no filter system so you want all the particles to settle. thats the jist of the reasoning behind it anyway. i cant imagine the little wisonsin would be much different that what a small honda or briggs would take.

rothroq

Thanks Jim

The TM calls for the same oil in both the compressor and engine. "LUBRICATING OIL, Internal combustionengine, heavy duty, MIL-L-2104, Grade 30"

I'll give the non-detergent 30w a try.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks