• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Zwick compressor and engine oil?

rothroq

What type of oil is called for in the small Zwick compressor and engine, Wisconsin I believe.

I have only seen a reference to a mil-L-2104 which looks to be a single 30 grade synthetic.

Is there a better or easier to find equivalent? What's everyone using?

Jimc

well on the compressor side, nearly all piston compressors run 30w non detergent. you can get it right from napa. i dont know about the engine side. you dont want a regular detergent type oil in a compressor. the detergents keep particles and moisture suspended in the oil real well so a filter can pick it up. a compressor has no filter system so you want all the particles to settle. thats the jist of the reasoning behind it anyway. i cant imagine the little wisonsin would be much different that what a small honda or briggs would take.

rothroq

Thanks Jim

The TM calls for the same oil in both the compressor and engine. "LUBRICATING OIL, Internal combustionengine, heavy duty, MIL-L-2104, Grade 30"

I'll give the non-detergent 30w a try.