• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Petit Jean Rally Sept. 20-22

ARYankee

It's coming up again!!!! The Petit Jean MV Rally put on by the AR MV Travelers. It is happening Sept. 20 - 22 @ Petit Jean State Park. Here is a link for details: PJRally11

So who's going????? I'll be there on Friday and spend the night.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I will finally make it down to Arkansas this year, as I no longer have a job conflict. I should be down there Thursday.
I have some old style field desks and a 16X16 tent I can bring down . Plus some stuff I picked up for combst32 .

Attachments

ARYankee

Sweet!!! Looking forward to meeting you. I'm bringing some surplus that I have to sell. Not sure exactly what vehicle I will be in..... decisions, decisions :)

ARYankee

We need to set up a Steel Soldiers section since there will be quite a few of us there. Or maybe Tom will have us an AO set up. He had a nice one last year :)

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It is less than a week away , anybody else going? Looks like I will not be down there till Friday .

ARYankee

I'll be there Friday as well after I get me a nap in that morning since I get off work that morning. I won't be staying all day Saturday like I normally do because my 2 boys have their first flag football game that day.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will be Friday late afternoon before I make it there, Tuesday I am driving to Oklahoma City GL to pickup six light sets and some 11x20s for the new M270! A lot of driving this week when you count in the 800 miles back and forth to work!

ARYankee

Well my plans are up in the air...... The M923 has a fuel issue so I'm not too sure that I will take it unless I can get it fixed, and the M1009 looks to have a leak in the heater core. I may end up taking it or I may have to fire up the deuce. I know I will be there in some capacity on Friday.

rebel_raider

We (all 6 or 8 of us, not sure exactly) will be there Friday, either late morning or early afternoon. We'll have quite a few vehicles, and maybe a thing or two to sell. I think we'll mostly be on the buyer's side of things, though.

combat32

I will be there Tursday afternoon and will have Fort Creason set up by 1800 hrs I will be there till they throw me out or Sunday morning whichever comes first[thumbzup], cold beer and lots o parts to sell at my Fort. I sure could use one of those tents Jim,

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I will toss one on the trailer. I had to change my plans and will be down by noon Friday.

ARYankee

I will be there Tursday afternoon and will have Fort Creason set up by 1800 hrs I will be there till they throw me out or Sunday morning whichever comes first[thumbzup], cold beer and lots o parts to sell at my Fort. I sure could use one of those tents Jim,

Sweet!!! You got room for the Thibeau Army at Fort Creason? We'll be there in the 5 ton. I got me a new fuel line from the filter to the pump. The old one was kinked. I hope that was causing my power issues, I'll see tomorrow. I'll be up some time tomorrow after I get home from work in the AM, I plan on replacing that hose and packing up, then heading that way.

ARYankee

Had to work but leaving now from Springdale, maybe there by ten (Sat. morning)
What the!!? Well if you did show up then I missed you.

I know it was another great event and look forward to next year. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting MWMules, I hope you have a safe and uneventful trip back home.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
pictures

Just got back to Kansas, I really don't know what happened, but at 16:00 the whole place except a few of us diehards reenacted the fall of Saigon! By 16:30 there were only about 6 MV's left.
Thanks to Welder Sam and family for the southern hospitality and letting ride in the wrecker boom bucket during the convoy. Also for ARYankee for scouting out a sweet MV prize next door at the civi car show swap meet.

Attachments

Last edited:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got there just as the trail ride was starting, I think I held it up for a few minutes as I backed the 818 into a parking slot, I was feeling bad and had almost no sleep so after a walk around I headed back to the cabin. Sorry I missed everyone! Some photos are attached, the last one is my haul from OK City GL (light sets) and the four $15 11x20s I found on Graig's List in Webbers Falls, right on the way home!

Attachments