• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally Joined The MEP Family

CT-Mike

I picked up one of the -803's from Ft. Drum, boy did the bidding go crazy in the last few minutes.

Anyway, I am looking forward to picking this thing up, going through it, and see if I got a runner - I hope so considering the price paid.

uniquify

Looks like several of those units had some sort of engine block heater on them. Does anyone have any details on how they work? Something like that could help with cold starts up north here.

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was watching those MEP's at Fort Drum myself with an eye toward upgrading from my current depot rebuilt 003A and 002A, but quickly lost interest when the prices got ridiculous. At those prices, I certainly hope that nobody ends up with a non-runner.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grab a copy of TB 9-6115-642-13
It has all the info on the operation of the heater.
Essentially it burns diesel fuel and circulates warmed coolant thru the engine block.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the heater is a real selling point, it will go from 30° to 180° in 15 minutes. sold a unit to someone in alaska as he wanted a unit that would start at -60°

CT-Mike

Well I got my invoice settled today, so we are off on a 13 hour round trip tomorrow to go get it.

CT-Mike

We left Southeastern CT at 0630, made it up to Ft. Drum, and as far back as Albany before we decided to call it quits. Will post some pics when we get home tomorrow.

CT-Mike

Made it home from Albany this morning, and had a Bobcat that I rented waiting on me. I had the Bobcat delivered to clear the **** snow off the driveway, and to unload the -803A. My little JD 325 with a plow just doesn't have the ass to move all of the snow we've gotten this year.

While unloading the genny I didn't have my chains set properly and the thing flipped upside down. Doh! Luckily I had it high enough off the ground so it didn't smack the ground. Gently set 'er down, reset the chains and set 'er back on the skids.

Eventually got it moved into the garage and took a couple pictures.

That gouge in the sheet metal doesn't seem to have penetrated the fuel tank, but I plan on pulling the tank and checking it for leaks.

If anyone is parting out an -803A, I'd be interested in some of the enclosure parts and the fuel tank.

Thanks,

Mike

Attachments

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
you won't want to remove the tank when you find out how long it takes!! start by removing the radiator and then everything else. i see you have the rare artic heater, a $4000 option!

Chrispyny

Mike, if u dont mind me asking, what did u end up paying for this?
I was watching that myself, being in albany, the drive would have been 7 hours round trip. Alas, the bidding got to rich for my blood.

CDR

I love these MEP's but you guys are nuts $3600 for one you have no clue if it runs or produces power??? I spent $1100 on a clean MEP802 that's been the biggest pain in the butt ever. You can have these mystery generators for that price! I still love my $300 mep002

CT-Mike

I love these MEP's but you guys are nuts $3600 for one you have no clue if it runs or produces power??? I spent $1100 on a clean MEP802 that's been the biggest pain in the butt ever. You can have these mystery generators for that price! I still love my $300 mep002
Each of us has our own determination of worth I suppose.

CDR

And please don't take it the wrong way I'm on the site and have two of these generators because I enjoy it but I just think that's a lot of money to spend. **** I almost spent that on M35a2!