• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from AZ

Thunderbird

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself to your community.

My obsession with MVs started about 15 years ago. A fella I worked with pulled up in front of our office one day in a deuce he'd just bought. Of course, I didn't even know what it was called, but I knew I wanted one. Bad! It was like when I was 10 and found the old man's Playboy hidden in the closet; I was literally shaking when I asked my coworker, "You can actually own one of those?!?"

So began the planning, researching, etc. Then I met 'her'. The blonde haired, blue eyed 'her', not the rusty green 'her'. I should have known better when she told me how stupid I was for wanting that surplus M35A2 I was dreaming of, but I married her anyway. Suddenly the cigars, guns and power tools were in storage, but I was the proud owner of matching plates and silverware.

Anyway, fast forward to somewhere near today. 'She' finally packed her stuff (and most of mine) and hit the road. Thankfully... :) Out came the cigars, guns and the power tools. The toilet seat hasn't been down in 9 months and I eat everything off of dixieware. Ahhh...

At the Labor day parade, I saw it. An M923 with a huge American flag draped on the side and 19 purple ribbons for the brave firefighters that died this summer near Yarnell, just a few miles from my home west of Prescott. That dormant obsession came back with a vengeance, and I had to have one.

So here I am, doing the planning, research, etc. That, my friends, is how I found your fine group.

Looking forward to reading the archives and lurking. Probably won't have much else to say until I actually have a vehicle and, well, actually have something to say. Thanks to all who share their valuable knowledge, though. It's a boon to a newb like me!

Jon

Thunderbird

Welcome, It sounds like you have the OD affliction bad. Take 2 deuces and call us in the morning.
Yep. I'm on about 5 acres of property outside the city; no HOA or deed restrictions. Even I'm afraid that my place is going to look like a parking lot soon! And grinning from ear to ear just thinking about it!