• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from AZ

Thunderbird

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself to your community.

My obsession with MVs started about 15 years ago. A fella I worked with pulled up in front of our office one day in a deuce he'd just bought. Of course, I didn't even know what it was called, but I knew I wanted one. Bad! It was like when I was 10 and found the old man's Playboy hidden in the closet; I was literally shaking when I asked my coworker, "You can actually own one of those?!?"

So began the planning, researching, etc. Then I met 'her'. The blonde haired, blue eyed 'her', not the rusty green 'her'. I should have known better when she told me how stupid I was for wanting that surplus M35A2 I was dreaming of, but I married her anyway. Suddenly the cigars, guns and power tools were in storage, but I was the proud owner of matching plates and silverware.

Anyway, fast forward to somewhere near today. 'She' finally packed her stuff (and most of mine) and hit the road. Thankfully... :) Out came the cigars, guns and the power tools. The toilet seat hasn't been down in 9 months and I eat everything off of dixieware. Ahhh...

At the Labor day parade, I saw it. An M923 with a huge American flag draped on the side and 19 purple ribbons for the brave firefighters that died this summer near Yarnell, just a few miles from my home west of Prescott. That dormant obsession came back with a vengeance, and I had to have one.

So here I am, doing the planning, research, etc. That, my friends, is how I found your fine group.

Looking forward to reading the archives and lurking. Probably won't have much else to say until I actually have a vehicle and, well, actually have something to say. Thanks to all who share their valuable knowledge, though. It's a boon to a newb like me!

Jon

Thunderbird

Welcome, It sounds like you have the OD affliction bad. Take 2 deuces and call us in the morning.
Yep. I'm on about 5 acres of property outside the city; no HOA or deed restrictions. Even I'm afraid that my place is going to look like a parking lot soon! And grinning from ear to ear just thinking about it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks