• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer ???

RealCavDog

Same thing on one of my M101A2's, maybe I should change my signature description !

drgreg . . . hit the nail squarely on the head, I found what I needed in the search option, and was a bit surprised at some of the information and combinations !

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
elkay12,
If you look at the technical manual listed on both tags - they are the same! That's a big clue that one is just a variant of the other. The military was a great user of the common frame for many purposes - just look at the deuce. The major variants are the M35, M36, M49, M50, M109, M185, M275, M342, M756, and M764 - that's ten different models on the same frame. Common parts means fewer parts have to be stocked to keep everything running. HTH.

RealCavDog

thanks for all the help / have another ??? what does everyone think about these trailers and are the a good choice

M116A3 1 Ton Cargo trailer, 2 wheeled, Mfg-Kasel Manufacturing Company, Trailer is a M101A3 Chassis with axle modification, Towing pintle hook, Box with lattice side extensions and cargo cover

I love that whole series of trailers ! Having 3 of the A2's, I wish I had one of those A3's, because it should be wider between the fenderwheels, which allows you to haul sheetgoods, plywood or sheetrock, or even pallets sideways !

Being a possible rebuild, it may have other upgrades concerning wheels and such, but my main interest would be the bed size !

A bunch more pictures of the bed and wheels might help !

Any idea of what they want for that, or is it an auction item ? And again, overall condition is a huge variable !

RealCavDog

Auction / there on GL web site / Search trailers in NC
Looked at several of those and got a laugh at how they can't figure out how to list the same types in the same way !

Anyway, I saw a few listed as A3's, but the photos showed A2 tagging, not a big deal as long as you really look to be sure !

Most had the A3 tag, and if you notice, the larger, wider wheels and tires designed to go behind the Humvees, so be sure to consider that when deciding between the two types.

Pretty darn good looking units, I would love to have one of those, and I am totally a fan of the 3 color paint ! And tarps to match ! Real good thing I am not closer to that sale !

P.S. Don't think we are supposed to discuss ongoing auctions, so maybe you should delete this just to be safe, next time we will P.M. this stuff ! Better safe than break a rule ! Let me know how it goes ! Jay

elkay12

just saw this on net / could get one gutted and make camper
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shelter: S-250/G Military Shelter[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trailer:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] M116 3/4 ton Military Trailer[/FONT]
CS.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
has anyone done this or is it possible to put a communcation enclosure on a m116A3/m101A3
Fitting a shelter in an M101A2 cargo body or on the M116 with the generator deck (as pictured) requires some mods. The inner fender wells need to be moved out a bit to clear the bottom of the shelter. The M101A3 body will not require that mod. Bumping the fenders out will also limit your tire selection if you plan on bigger diggers.

RealCavDog

All Right ! You got it done ! It's not an ongoing auction now, so load us up some pictures !

I started with 1, now I have a yard full, 5 ! . . . and still hunting !

Keep the best and sell the rest ! [thumbzup]

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
KENNY, do you remember when a few years ago that a member said that a com shelter on a trailer will cause enough DRAG to cause a 275 to get stuck on a rain slick SPEED BUMP ???????

elkay12

Picked up trailer yesterday at Camp Lejeune / no problems / i was in and out in less than 30 minutes after standing in line for a pass / thanks so much to Randy with the load help

DSCN6009.jpg

DSCN6010.jpg

DSCN6012.jpg

DSCN6013.jpg