• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1 Weekend and 17 rattle cans...

ragedracer

Leaves you with a really sore fingertip... But the result is nice!

The hood I'm not 100% happy with, may do that again. The paint was flashing a little too quick. Since it was in rattle cans, kinda hard to control the mix. Also didn't help that I was working outside. Overall though, 100% nicer looking '09.

First pic is what it looked like when 100dollarman first picked it up for me..

Attachments

ragedracer

Cool! It takes over 30 cans to do a deuce....

Is that tan camo krylon spraypaint from walmart?

Looks good!

RAPCO 686 TAN CARC substitute. Rapco is awesome, btw. I think from the time I ordered to the time my paint arrived was 4 days total, UPS ground.

I might try wetsanding the hood a little, its just kinda dry in spots. You can can see the spray "pattern". I'll drive it for a week or 2 and see how much it bothers me. Anything is better than it was before. =)

ragedracer

Great job! Looks professional.

Get some shackles on that beast!

I have them, I just need to clean them up and paint them. They've been painted probably 20 times and its just flaking off in chunks. Gonna put em in my vise and hit them with a wire wheel. I couldn't bring myself to put them back on the truck as bad as they look. =)

ragedracer

Man, I knew my index finger was sore, but I didn't realize how much so until I went to use some shaving cream when I took a shower....

:p

Could barely dispense any! I should have bought one of those trigger sprayer things for spray cans...

84cucv1ton

there is a handle that clips onto the can. makes it a lot better on your hands. looks good. i never thought about using a spray can. looks good tho. nice job

BillIdaho

78 cans for a 5-ton. I went with a 4 color pattern. Al Wally-world.
I actually have a picture around somewhere where I took all the empty cans and lined them up on the bed, both on top and on the lower edge. They went the full length and then some. Pretty neat photo.
I'll have to find it.
Caution; (and this HAS been mentioned elsewhere on Steel Soldiers)
Walmart flat cammo paint has been known to vary in shade from can to can. If possible, by it by the case. Pu it on thick.
Their sand, or tan, is the worst. There is a very noticable difference in their tan.
And don't use the el cheapo $1.50 a can flat black at Wally-world. It WILL fade to an ugly grey/chalk funk within a few months in the sun. Buy the better flat black.

motormayhem

Where can you buy that tan paint mine is the tan color and could use a touch up. What did you use to put the numbers on with? I would like to add some numbering and lettering to my truck.

ragedracer

Looks Good! That was a pretty nice Blazer even before you painted it!

I woulda suggested you buy the spray can handle BEFORE you did it!!! Much easier on the fingers!

My finger is STILL sore! Thanks for helping get it to me! You're the man!

BTW, did you know you and your biz made 4Wheel & Offroad this month?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks