• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 interior upgrades installed today

ranchhopper

Last week my friend who has a junk yard called me and said he just got an 87 K5 blazer in. He held it in back so it couldnt be pilfered before I got there I was amazed how nice the interior was even though the outside was pretty rusty. I got a perfect dash pad all three seats a nice grey velour all the seat belts and both tinted sliding rear side windows I installed everything but the rear windows after work today. Im not sure Im going to use the sliders I may put them up for sale in the classifieds but its nice to have a matching interior the original dash pad was cracked and the door panels had a lot of sun fade but the seats are still nice those will be in the classifieds too.

Attachments

ranchhopper

This one didnt have the center console just the rear bracket for it still bolted to the floor I have some of them stored in my shed. Im going out there tomorrow to see if there is a grey or black one in the bunch if I have a nice one I will bolt it in I like having the cup holders on the top.

ranchhopper

Nice find pays to make friends in the junkyard for sure!
It is nice I know the family they all work there he just bought the junk yard next door so its double the fun going out there now. Any old pre 88 chevy that comes in they call me before it goes out into the yard to pick what I want off of them I usually take the hoods of the civi trucks they are way better than whats on the military chevys I got the hood off the blazer last week too.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kevin, once again, great score! :grd: Are those the ones you were going to put into my M1009? roflmao! Looks sa-weet! Trade ya rear window decal for the seats! aua Congrats on the recovery, and don't forget your friends in the lower country! LOL
God bless,

Tony:D

islandguydon

IndyP38 has a point, They make a camo seat cover. I found one that is real thick and should last years of coffee, food and the like. The truck rocks..........![thumbzup][thumbzup][thumbzup]

ranchhopper

Kevin, once again, great score! :grd: Are those the ones you were going to put into my M1009? roflmao! Looks sa-weet! Trade ya rear window decal for the seats! aua Congrats on the recovery, and don't forget your friends in the lower country! LOL
God bless,
Tony I have a brand new set of humvee seats I was going to put in the truck I sold you but Im on the hunt for an 813 so if I get one Im going to put the humvee seats into it like I did my deuce. I did manage to get the sliding rear windows into the blazer yesterday though the gestapo in our town has nothing better to do than stand in the middle of the road at stop signs and stick their nose into our vehicles lately so the tinted windows work out well. I have nothing to hide but they dont need to be peering into my truck when I stop for the stop signs in town either.

Attachments

islandguydon

Tony I have a brand new set of humvee seats I was going to put in the truck I sold you but Im on the hunt for an 813 so if I get one Im going to put the humvee seats into it like I did my deuce. I did manage to get the sliding rear windows into the blazer yesterday though the gestapo in our town has nothing better to do than stand in the middle of the road at stop signs and stick their nose into our vehicles lately so the tinted windows work out well. I have nothing to hide but they dont need to be peering into my truck when I stop for the stop signs in town either.
Did I just read the Cops in your town have nothing better to do than stand in the middle of the road and look in cars stopped at the light.......?
WTF is this world comming to..? Thats invasion of privacy.gestapo..:funny:

lavarok

Tinted rears make a big difference on the '09 especially in the FL sun. Those civy seats are nice because they ADJUST! I've been lucky to find similar sets here in central FL. The grey was a common color in the civy trucks. Tilt wheel and adjustable seats make a '09 a good daily driver.

Looking good!

ranchhopper

The only thing I dislike about the stock seats is the backs are always bent to far back its like being in a chaise lounge chair. The adjustable backs make for a much more comfortable ride Chuck this old guy will never have power windows or A/C in any of my old junk (but you already know that). Im not kidding about the law in out town its done under the guise of the seatbelt inforcement dragnet at least thats what their little signs say 100 feet befor the stop sign they pinched a guy for throwing out a cigarette butt (no kidding) they have their own little court in the municipal building. It costs forty bucks to dispute a ticket under the guise of court costs non refundable even if you win hows that for a revenue generator?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing I dislike about the stock seats is the backs are always bent to far back its like being in a chaise lounge chair. The adjustable backs make for a much more comfortable ride Chuck this old guy will never have power windows or A/C in any of my old junk (but you already know that). Im not kidding about the law in out town its done under the guise of the seatbelt inforcement dragnet at least thats what their little signs say 100 feet befor the stop sign they pinched a guy for throwing out a cigarette butt (no kidding) they have their own little court in the municipal building. It costs forty bucks to dispute a ticket under the guise of court costs non refundable even if you win hows that for a revenue generator?
WOW! Talk about money maker! How'd that get to be "legal"? There's some land around here that is for sale, and no one looks inside your truck, unless you ask for fries with that. Will probably tint the back three on mine too, from what I have read here.
God bless,