• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1028 w/ 37" Humvee... how much lift?

4" or 6" lift for 37" tires????

• 4"

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • 6"

Votes: 24 52.2%

• Total voters

mark69k20

These are test fit pics. I bought these wheel spacers off of ebay. I was worried ubout the thread engagement but it came out at 9 turns so i am good.

Any who... 4" of lift or 6"??????

I have a broken rear spring but have one right down the road i can get from another SS member if i choose to go that route.

I am leaning toward new 5.5" springs all the way around from superlift.

I am thinking about steering correction, drive shaft issues, $$$$$ and ride quality.

If it were yours what would you do and why???

Thanks!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4" will work with a sawzall. 6" will do find except on a real off camber event. A combination will get you where you want to be. I have the 37" radials and I'm planning a 4" kit with zero rates moving the front axle an inch forward. I don't plan on taking it off road too much and there are no rocks here. I'm not going to crossover steering unless I need to. Just beware of Dana 60 steering arm blocks. These things have an open invitation to Mr Murphy.

mark69k20

4" will work with a sawzall. 6" will do find except on a real off camber event. A combination will get you where you want to be. I have the 37" radials and I'm planning a 4" kit with zero rates moving the front axle an inch forward. I don't plan on taking it off road too much and there are no rocks here. I'm not going to crossover steering unless I need to. Just beware of Dana 60 steering arm blocks. These things have an open invitation to Mr Murphy.

I hadn't heard that about steering blocks.... maybe a drop pitman arm would be a better option? Thanks for the info

mikeroot2

I have a 4" suspension lift on my 3/4ton Chevy with the 37x12.5's. Not one problem with rubbing. I would have went with a 6" but the entire kit was free(front/rear springs, shocks, hardware). I bought a 6" kit bout 5 years ago off eBay, they sent me a 4" kit by mistake and actually told me to keep the 4" due to the cost of shipping and sent out the correct 6"!! The 6" went on my red 1980. The 4" on the Black 1985. I did not need a sawzall to trim anything with the 4" but the truck doesn't see much offroad.

Attachments

Last edited:

militarytrux

if you do buy a 4 or 6 inch kit with rear block be sure to get rear blocks a 1/2" shorter than the front springs so she will sit level, if you go 4" front and 4" rear block it will be to high in the ass end.
Also if you get the 3" steering block for the dana 60 go ahead and get the new plastic bushing kit and replace those while you're in there, get the kit off e-gay for $20.00 or so. Well worth it....

citizensoldier

I say the 4" but again it depends on what your doing with it. The 6 inch and big tires looks nice and is good for a open field mud bog but changes the center of gravity to much. Another issue for me is getting a jacked up truck down a 2 track up here.. You just rip lights off, smash roofs, and roll them over. Don't forget about driveshaft angles all out of wack eating up U joint..2cents

Pikesrider

I did a Superlift 3.5" lift blocks in rear and ProComp front Springs because Superlift Springs were on back order. I have the 37" tires with OEM style 16.5" wheels. It will rub slightly off-road on the rear front fender. Some minor trimming is needed if you take if off road.

I have the steering lift block and no issues yet, but I could see having issues with it later on. It is not a great design I don't think.

I'm also planning on getting rid of the rear blocks and doing the Off Road Design Shackle Flip sometime down the road. I think it would ride better and hopefully lower the rear-end just a little to give it more of a level stance.

I did the 37" tires mainly for a better highway speed. This isn't a daily driver and I don't off-road it too hard since it is a little big for a lot of trails in Colorado. I have another vehicle for that. If I were going to off road it more I would of went with a better lift.
lift.jpg

burbn10

I'm running a 4" lift with 37" Humvee radials on 16.5x10" rims. A 4" lift is perfectly fine for on road with absolute minimal trimming, but when my truck starts flexing going over things at a turn, I really would have liked the 6" lift.... I never have any rubbing issues on the street or even when going at things straight, but at a hard turn, it can hit pretty good with the 4".

Cucvnut

I flexed my truck a lot this weekend wheeling and im happy i went with 5 inch ( or so ) lift. dont forget the k30 frame is 8 inches in height and the blazer is only 6. so even though they might have the same lift the truck will look taller.

mark69k20

ALCON: the poll was tied!

After alot of thought I gave up the credit card for the 3.5" superlift springs all the way around, procomp ecs9000 shocks and a skyjacker drop pitman arm. I ordered the u-bolt kits 1" longer than what the new springs called for so I can add zero rates if it does not come out as high as i need it to be (which will prob be the case)

This will be a 98% on road driver w/ the occasional snow storm or beach run. I like the look of it low and am hoping I will have less driveline/steering issues and a better ride going this route.

Anyone make home made drop spacers for their sway bar???? I would love to hear how it went, maybe c some pics.

The other issue I know a few of you have overcome is that rear brake setup.... some bent a bracket others fabbed up an extension....any feedback and/or pics on how you did that would be appreciated as well!

I appreciate all the feedback and will post up some pics in the near future (hopefully) prob along with more posts asking for help:beer:

Cucvnut

i would just run a longer brake lines all the way around ( xrp makes them ) on the rear perportion valve just detach the bracket and turn the knob till it stops in a up posotion and leave it. i just cut the backet off the 14bolt.

mark69k20

i would just run a longer brake lines all the way around ( xrp makes them ) on the rear perportion valve just detach the bracket and turn the knob till it stops in a up posotion and leave it. i just cut the backet off the 14bolt.
so when you turn it up what effect does that have verses proper adjustment? Less rear brake or more? Thanks --good stuff

burbn10

Offroad Design makes a nice heavy duty sway-bar disconnect / relocation kit. That's what I am running. It drops it down 2" and gives you the option to disconnect it when you need more flex off road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks