• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1031 contact maintenance truck

Stonepicker1

If these are the TM's your looking for and you want a hard copy. they are on Epay. Due a search with "CUCV" to fine them.
Item number: 250341746095(TM 9-4940-421-14)
Item number: 250341719817(TM 9-4940-421-24P)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hobart welder genset? Which bed is on the contact maintenance truck? Is this welder PTO or gas driven?

ONTOS66

TM 9-4940-421-14, etc. is for the M887 Contact Maintenance Truck. That is the earlier Dodge version. It can be downloaded from LOGSA in pdf format.

I browsed through the manual looking for info on the manufacturer but couldn't find anything useful. I did see that the Aux. power unit for the welder was 4KW by Wisconsin.

Are they still using the same equipment in the newer trucks? I've never worked with this equipment so don't know the details.

The current Contact Maintenance Truck TM is 9-4940-562-13 and -23P is also on LOGSA but it is not currently available to the general public.

Hobart has a web site at:
http://www.hobartwelders.com/

Good luck!

Chevytruck

epay?? is that like ebay?

i think some of the members on this site are a little cold at Ebay

lol

some bad stories behind those who are cold towards them

especially carnac (sorry for your loss)

however don't want to go into it because Mangus580 will make this thread go bye bye

here is the link if you want to see some resentment

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=26107

Last edited:

acmunro

Hello, I picked up a M1031 with the contract maint. body- with PTO belt driven Generator and electric air compressor. Can I get some instructions on how to operate the generator ? Everything looks to be in very good condition. I would like to use it and keep it that way. Any help would be great, Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The manuals listed are what you need. That truck has the M887 bed and not the later 1031 bed with the PTO driven welder. That is why I asked what bed in the earlier post

SmokeyDod

What do you want to know about this unit? I have had one for abt 1 yr. & we weld with it, good air comp. I also have setup where I can run my home , if needed. Smokey

acmunro

I was trying to find out the correct way to engage the PTO, I put the Transfer case in Neutral, Engaged the PTO, Put the Transmission in Drive, Fliped the Governor switch to on is this the correct sequence ? The generator was turning, the truck RPM increased, the hour meter on the generator pannel was operating. I had the circuit breakers on for the 120v outlets on but no power. Any info would be great. Thanks

SmokeyDod

Sounds like u did most all correct. Here is what my son & I found out.
#1 "foremost" get u a GOOD volt meter & set it on 600V AC (if u put it on 250 you volts could go over and u get bad reading.
#2 Put the 205 transfer case in NEUTRAL and then crank engine ( I suggest u pull your blue
knob out to engage PTO first as it will eliminate the "grinding" of engageing-then start
start your engine.
#3 Manuel suggest u put into 2nd gear rather than "D" but either way works. YOU MUST PUT INTO 1ST OR 2ND BEFORE YOU ENGAGE YOUR PTO LEVER INSIDE YOUR TRUCK. IF YOU DONT THE ENGINE WILL RUN WIDE OPEN.
#4 After you have engaged the lever to make the govenor work., your engine should rev up to est. 1800 rpm. Main thing is to look at the 'scale" beside your hour meter and wait until the bars are all aligned which means you are running at 60 HZ.
#5 Take your GOOD volt meter and check voltage on both the 110V outlets, then ck the 220v 1 ph outlet then ck the 220v 3ph (ck this by any comb of your v meter in any two of the holes should read 220v.
#6 If you are not getting any voltage out of any outlets, then double ck to be sure your breakers are not "throwed" ALSO remember up at the top left there is the MAIN BREAKER that must be on to make any of them work.
I am on vac this & next week if you need any further help, just send me a PM with your phone # & I'll give u a call and maybe I can help.

REMEMBER MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL. THIS IS A 15KVA GENERATOR AC
IT CAN KILL YOU IN AN INSTANT. BE CAREFULL

Also don't mess with the dials on the elect panel on right side as they can get things really screwed up. Hope this helps. Smokey

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks