• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

105 trailer wheel adapter,HOW TO?

comdiver

If I was set on keeping it, I would change axles, springs and wheels. I would go with electric brakes. It will still be heavy, it is well built. You will save some weight just getting rid of two 20" wheels and the running gear. Make sure that the new parts will handle the weight.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M105A2 weighs 2750 lbs empty. Even with an axle/wheel/tire swap, you're still looking at a 2,000-lb+ trailer. Pretty heavy for a Toyota.

The best advice comes from members who suggest selling it & purchasing an M101-series. If you're concerned about width available between wheelwells, get an A3 (M101A3, that is...).

So I wasn't being completely facetious when saying that if the OP wants to keep the M105 trailer, buy a bigger truck to tow it with....

thevalentines2

Once you take off the drums the smaller tire may fit if you find the bolt pattern. (this was required in MD by state inspector to get OTR) I was told that Mitsubishi trucks had the same pattern? I couldn't verify as I kept the 9X20.

Do not try to take down the spring set at the shackle to reduce height. The Spring eye cracked and now it sit uneven and the risk is losing the connection of trailer and axle by doing this.

Taking out every other should be good if you want to drop the height, but don't remove shackle.

I will agree that either get the 3/4 ton trailer or bigger truck.

Ironwood

I retro'ed a new frrame under one of my M105's, I like the 6' x 9' bed much better than the 5' x 8' of an M101. I made it hydrualically dump too. LOW to the ground as well.

Ironwood

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I retro'ed a new frrame under one of my M105's, I like the 6' x 9' bed much better than the 5' x 8' of an M101. I made it hydrualically dump too. LOW to the ground as well.

Ironwood
You know the game:

nopics

Don't get us all excited only to leave us hanging....my teenage years are looooong behind me & I don't wish to revisit them.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks