• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1078 stuck brake

sargentwolf

Needed the truck for work this morning. Warmed up for 20 minutes (17 deg morning) went to drive off, won't go. Rear passenger side lower shoe is stuck.

I drain each night after running, close the tanks off, no major leaks, brakes work great.

I don't have access to a heated shop to warm the brake up, what do I do? Start beating the drum and shoe?

snowtrac nome

air brake antifreeze wont help if the brake shoe is froze or rusted to the drum , also airbrake antifreeze will wipe out all your lube in the relay and qd valves I shy away from it unless I have to

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Do the cans move when you release the brake? Could be a frozen check valve or frozen moisture in a line. Do you still use the old tube with fins air dryer? They dont work very well.

sargentwolf

The rest of the brakes release just fine. The lower one is being a pain.

I'll try the hammer tomorrow at noon.

Yes, I'm using the older style air dryer. It's on my list to upgrade, now been bumped to the top of it. What's the part number?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have the dryers. The bracket is a haldex universal bracket and there is a small adapter needed at the unloader line. You have to notch the bracket. I used to get plenty of moisture out when I drained my air tanks. Now there's little to none.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The tube style is first gen, m939 abs air dryer is second gen and the purest style pictured is the 3rd. I tried one of the tube ones that was like new it still didnt do anywheres near as good a job as the purest one.

1951M1078

I have the dryers. The bracket is a haldex universal bracket and there is a small adapter needed at the unloader line. You have to notch the bracket. I used to get plenty of moisture out when I drained my air tanks. Now there's little to none.
What does the adapter look like ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks