• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.2 Miles Per Gallon in a M923A1?

Gunzy

Reading the other TM's is called "Gaining Knowledge" about the series of trucks. I read up on all the different types of M939 series trucks before I made my purchase. All's good though, to each his own.

carbonraptor

a dead giveaway from the M923A1 vs a M923A2 from the outside view is the axle pumpkin, the A2 is flat on the bottom while the A1 is rounded. So i know its a A1 with no turbo, ironically i drove my M925A1 180 miles over what we call the santiam pass out here and its a lot of hills. it did well on the climbs and honestly i believe it got better fuel mileage than my 1994 4 runner does, at least 8 to 10 mpg empty with half a tank of fuel of weight. but i could be wrong. i have yet to see how the 6cta motors do with the turbo in the A2 models. But i want one!!:-D

Tornadogt

I can not speak for anyone else but my M931a2 gets in the 10-11 mpg range at 1800 rpms but at 2100-2200 (63-65mph) 8mpg is about average if lucky. And like others have said before it seems to get better mileage with some weight on it. Adding the Deuce bed helped over being Bobtailed and rides better too..
AvaBlackWhite1s.jpg

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 932 but when I drove it home I was still on uncle sam's diesel, I am picking up a couple of hard tops for my 939 series trucks this weekend I may have a chance to recheck the MPG!

350TacoZilla

when i bought my 923a0 truck I used gps to verify speed and MPG, ran about 50-55mph all the way home on pretty flat ground and got just a tick over 11mpg with the stock 11r20's.

emr

To correct a topic, the A1s did in fact come from the factory with the 1400s, ALL of them did, HOWEVER MANY Units DID when going in for new sneakers choose to put the 1100 G177s on em for in country high way use, Extended tire wear on the 1100s and stability when loaded, this IS a fact, The trucks that went for the duels were usually in more active units, but like everything military. There will be some units that may have not used the A1s after they put the 1100s on em. And some put the 1400s back on, depends on the units desires at that time . We have all seen things that seem to go one way or another in this Hobby, But this is the facts :) In Fact I would bet there are A2s re sneakered with 1100s out there, In fact I would bet I saw some at the facility here. :)

Last edited:

emr

I have never done an exact MPG, But I am pretty sure 45 mph that I drive and like an egg under my foot on all the vehicles i have, its to expensive to be cool :) I would bet these babys are at the 10 mpg range and could see the 11 some guys see. Thats my opinion from use with my 925 .. :).

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i need to finish my truck.. paint touch up.. new troop seats.. air conditioning .. new led lights and im ready to roll

350TacoZilla

For me I stopped at station right outside of base and filled with diesel till it was just up into the basket by one line, set trip on gps and drove home stopping at station about 1 mile from my parents house and filled up to same mark in basket. I then just did miles covered and gallons used and it came up with a number of 11.2 something, speed never exceeded 57mph and only dropped below 50 for entrance/exit ramps.

TacticalDoc

I believe the range of the truck is 350 miles and the tank is 81 gal. so the mpg should be about 5 MPG. But I'm not sure if that's leaving a reserve.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I measure full tank by filling to the bottom of the screen. I got 9.5 on an A2 and get about 7.5 on my M923 with 1600s on it around town. I don't push it hard. So I can easily believe these bigger numbers on longer trips.

jvandal

Brutus my 923A0 routinely get 7.5-8 with my foot on the floor and holding it there, maxing out at 55-57 mph (I've seen 60 on a loooonnngggg downhill). However, 10-11 when driving on roads that force me to run in the 1800rpm range and 40-45mph. Additionally, mine too seems to drive better with 2.5-3 tons of rock in the back.... Steering is always awesome but does seem to improve, transmission shifting is better, brakes are better and the ride is a totally different animal....

Last edited:

Moto2four

Mechanically injected motors differ greatly from one to another. If you took 3 m923a2s, all brand new and identical, one of the 3 would out run the other 2 and get better mileage. That's just the nature of the beast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks