• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1100/20 xl tires

wcolt45

Little late to ask this question now as i already bought seven of them on rims,but how do you guys who run them like them? How will my truck drive with these?What air pressure works well ?By the way ,new tires and singled.

treeguy

Wholy cow, I just had a flash back of a head ache!:razz: My deuce is singled out with these and I love them except for a few things, they look skinny from the front and I have radial cracking on all of them about 2" out from the rim. I have heard that this is a common Michilin problem in this size and type. One was so bad I didn't trust it so got a replacemen and then the headache! I had a VERY hard time finding them. Finally I found someone in Kansas, the tire was newish, good price, no cracking, rubber looked pliable not dry but the shipping was almost as much as the tire. When I went to the tire shop to have it mounted they flipped out. These tires are built with, correct me if I'm wrong, overlapping side wall material so the outside looks humpy. The tire guy thought that cords were broken and refused to mount it. Another guy at the shop said it was supposed to be that way. I've had and been running these for two years as a daily driver and they wear OK on pavement and grip awesome except on ice but what does? I would really love something wider but that means wider / custom hemmit rims and gets expensive. Which I will be in a bind if I start to get more sidewall cracking. I have seen used tires all over the internet that seem price reasonable but unless you travel you can't see them up close and pick yours out. Are used tires our only option without installing silly roady tires that cost upwards of $750 ea. new? If you don't mind me asking, where did you find your 11/20's?

treeguy

I keep all six at 55# and it seems good. Although there is a lengthly discussion on differing the front and back pressures in here some where. It talks about handling and wear.

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have 2 new ones and have looked.. very high and very low for the rest of my set.. with no luck unless i want to take a week traveling to pick them up:driver::driver::driver:aua

treeguy

Isn't is wierd how typing makes everything seem,........... I don't even know how to describe it! Cold, I guess. Where as a spoken conversation is clearer because of tone or body language. Sorry WAY OFF TOPIC!

Jimma

Those are what is on my truck and it came that way from the Georgia National Guard. I love these tires. They handle well, steer better, look good and are taller than the 9x20's.

wcolt45

Im thinking they should look better than the 900's ,may be a little skinny looking,but cant afford the bigger meats right now,im still in the process of making my truck road worthy and reliable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks