• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12v marker lights

jrobinson5093

how would one go about wiring 12v side marker lights on a deuce? I wired two lights in series i believe and they work but are dim. how could I wire them up to be bright and last. I keep reading about relays being used to turn on 12v stuff. How do I use a relay to have 24v turn on 12v items? Is it a special relay? o and they go down the side of the truck, not corner marker lights.

Last edited:

eagle4g63

I bought a bunch of 24v light bulbs(variety pack with all bulbs the truck uses for it's factory lights) from a fella on epay, very reasonable price. Then just swap out any bulbs that fit the housings you want to use, easy as pie....that's how I run my lighting.

joshs1ofakindxj

Package of ten 24v 194 type bulbs is $18 shipped from finditparts.com

I ordered mine 11/16 and they haven't shipped yet though. Edit: After posting this I called them and it was delivered at my apartment today. They didn't email the tracking number for some reason.

Napa had a few in the store but they were about $2 each. I guess I only saved $2 online. I needed 7 of them though (6 markers and a license plate light).

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks