• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12v marker lights

jrobinson5093

how would one go about wiring 12v side marker lights on a deuce? I wired two lights in series i believe and they work but are dim. how could I wire them up to be bright and last. I keep reading about relays being used to turn on 12v stuff. How do I use a relay to have 24v turn on 12v items? Is it a special relay? o and they go down the side of the truck, not corner marker lights.

Last edited:

eagle4g63

I bought a bunch of 24v light bulbs(variety pack with all bulbs the truck uses for it's factory lights) from a fella on epay, very reasonable price. Then just swap out any bulbs that fit the housings you want to use, easy as pie....that's how I run my lighting.

joshs1ofakindxj

Package of ten 24v 194 type bulbs is $18 shipped from finditparts.com

I ordered mine 11/16 and they haven't shipped yet though. Edit: After posting this I called them and it was delivered at my apartment today. They didn't email the tracking number for some reason.

Napa had a few in the store but they were about $2 each. I guess I only saved $2 online. I needed 7 of them though (6 markers and a license plate light).

Attachments

Last edited: