• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

13G glow plugs

ssgtwright-usmc

Stay away from the 13G. Had one break at the cylinder on the passenger side closest to the firewall. Talk about having one hellofa time trying to take that out, it was almost impossible.
If something is gonna to break, its always in a spot which is hard to get to.

Rebelpride

the 13G was in the truck when I bought it. the wellmans that I pulled out were not swollen, just didnt work.

SSGT Wright-that is where my 13G was and it was the one that broke.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I tried to look up the Wellman "070" number on the NAPA web site, but didn't find anything. I crossed the original government part number and got a NAPA part number of AC13G.

Can the Wellman part be ordered through NAPA, and if so, does anybody have the NAPA part number handy?

AJMBLAZER

I got my Wellman 070's through ebay. The guy who sells them there also has a website. "IndUSA" I think is his screen name.

Mine had eight Wellman 070's in it from the military and after they all died none were swollen.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Re: RE: 13G glow plugs

CCATLETT1984 said:
i dont think so, check the wellman web site for a distributor near you. Or you can order online.
I found a few of the wrong Wellman's on my first try, but these look like the right guys here:

http://www.wellmanautomotive.com/

They actually list the CUCV and HMMWV trucks in their PDF application guide! The complete part numbers are:

CUCV: 6A843G070
HMMWV: 6A843G115

Hasdrubal

I originally had the 13G's in my M1009, they swell and cant be removed easily. A friend of mine who had the same curse, ordered the tool to extract swollen glowplugs, worked like a charm. Put in the AC60G's they have worked great for over 2 years, they just need a longer glow cycle. As my truck has been converted to manual glowplug cycling... its no problem. Cant comment on the Wellman's or the resistance effect on the stock controller..but the bit about "If its been converted to 12volt you can use 60G's" is incorrect. All these trucks have 12 volt glowplug operation, only the starter is 24V.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: 13G glow plugs

84cucv1ton said:
to think of it could i just move some wires around? i know i can just cant think of what
You can wire the GP relay to the 12V junction block, instead of the resistor, but it pulls from one battery and you can't slave it, etc, etc...

Michael

RE: Re: RE: 13G glow plugs

I use AC60g in all of my CUCVs without any problems so far. I did not bypass my resistor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks