• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1400 tires on Deuce

Patgonia53

Anyone with experience running 1400 x20 tires on a duece. I just got my goodyear 1400's mounted on Marsh wheels for Boyce... Anyone have any issue with, or have to make major modifications to the front axles to keep a decent turning radius without have the tires rub on something ????
What if anything did you do to fix this.. Extend axles... spacers... What ??

bjsmith

i have 14s on stock rims and it does rub some at full turn not sure on the marsh rims i heard they do good with recentered hemtt wheels which i will get soon

Patgonia53

Mduece is a "bobbed" done by Clark International Logistics... It Came with stock 900x20"s... I just got my 1400 Goodyears...and mounted the rears... I do have too either lift the M105 bed or extend the wheels wells in the rear... I have not mounted the fronts.. I was very courious about front tire clearance when turning

dilligaf13

Backspacing makes all the difference. I'm running re-centered 5 ton combat rims and 14.00's on my bobbed deuce and I've never rubbed anything and I have a M105 bed on mine and have gone in some pretty nasty stuff.

Patgonia53

Not sure on the backspacing... But I got them thru Boyce Equipment... who make a lot of Bobbers.... I will check and post after I measure

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I misunderstood the title of the thread, "1400 tires on a deuce." I'm thinking to myself, it would be great to start a tire business with, but carrying 1400 tires in the bed of a deuce might be a little too much, both for the deuce's suspension, and the local police officer's patience.