• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1500 max rpm? nhc 250

tiny110

Banned
I have tried changing the fuel filter. I have readjusted all the linkage for the throttle. But even I just couldn't the stops in the injection pump. And I have tried turning up the fuel pressure. I am running good clean fresh diesel. I have put 200 gallons of clean fuel through the truck. It does not matter which gear I am in it will not push over 1500 rpm.

Is there some type of governor on the truck?

Csm Davis

Yes there is a governor but I would unhook the linkage on the fuel pump and see if it will go higher by hand and if not mark the arm and shaft so to put it back in same position and try moving it to see if it has slipped I have had one that had rotated on the shaft

tiny110

Banned
Yea but it don't matter if I'm in first gear or fifth it will not go above 1500 rpm. I would think if it had a clogged lines or air getting it sucked into the line. It would change depending on the load on the motor. I'm going to go outside and try reading it in natural. So I can see if it will get above 1500 rpm with no load.

bearboley

Did you shim the spring in the back of the pump to increase pump pressure? Those shims also control high rpm. The more shims the higher the rpm's and pum pressurre.

tiny110

Banned
No i did not shim the spring. The tachs not off.

But i just went out and was playing with the fuel screw and i guess i unscrewed it to far. How bad did i mess it up?

Stalwart

The another possibility is a bit more likely, you have the pump from a 50Hz generator Diesel engine. 1500 RPM would be the correct RPM for a Diesel engine turning a 4 pole head for 50Hz. For 60Hz you use 1800 RPM. :whistle:

Stalwart

:roll: Yes I just did mine, 50Hz to 60Hz! But a generator pump isn't the same as a vehicle pump. If you have the wrong pump it won't work the same. Since you know everything, please leave the rest of us on SS out of it.

tiny110

Banned
I work as a marine electrician. So I might know something about generators. Maybe your generator is as special as you are. Lol

I guess I will have to make some phone calls and get some help.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you change the filters, or just look at them(as you posted before). I personally can't see a 10 micron particle.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your emergency shut off at the pump, could be restricting fuel.
I think that was mentioned in his other thread. (this is why we continue one thread about a specifict issue/topic).

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is the same guy that wants instant go fast to 70 mph from his 818 on 1600s pulling a loaded trailer, does not want to HEAR that dumping the 1600s just might be a BIG help in more ways then one

Stalwart

Yea but it don't matter if I'm in first gear or fifth it will not go above 1500 rpm. I would think if it had a clogged lines or air getting it sucked into the line. It would change depending on the load on the motor. I'm going to go outside and try reading it in natural. So I can see if it will get above 1500 rpm with no load.
He said it all right there. Only the injection pump can limit the engine RPM under ANY load. No other problem will limit the truck to 1500 rpm in 1st and 5th, he just doesn't want to listen since he knows it all. I hear he worked on a boat once. :cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks