• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Just think what could have happened if I had not had a 1/2 gallon of Crown left and some coke.

dang I just LOVE our threads - they are more fun than reading that other blahblah blah blah blah

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who put the engine under the front seats???

How come Swiss does not have any projects at the garage :)

Looks awesome. WARP SPEED SCOTTY

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The engine is under the seat so you know EXACTLY how hard the inline six is working.............

zout

Dang I even know when I pull a driveshaft the transfer case is going to leak - how about knowing how to jump start - what happened to folks knowing how to work on stuff without needing babysitting them through a repair - is AMERICAN inginuity GONE and self reliance ????

OK - done ranting.

Got the flooring pulled and patch panels pieces removed from the outside of the body.

Once the flooring was pulled - it is a tell tale sign the ORIGINAL FLOOR WAS INDEED STRIPS like his WC and other units of that age. Look at the cut off screws on the bottom side of the cross members - they are exactly spaced apart where the original flooring was removed.
That is another thing to think about and for a later date.

Now onto pressure washing the entire chassis this weekend and inside the box and get it sparkling clean and rust debris and crap free. Did I mention this is where WILD DOG soap comes into play !!!
PB - the spout off the fuel tank was already broken and just hanging - the only thing holding it up was the fake o rola piece of tin flooring in there. I see a vendor coming into play here to fix fuel tank and guts of it - calling for favors in the future.

Here ya go - setting up battle plan of attack as I keep after cleaning and seeing what was original and what was cobbled into the KC - this baby ROCKS.
What an opportunity to work on such a historic vehicle and hear it talk to you as you uncover stuff as you go along - that is IF your listening.100_2004.jpg100_2005.jpg100_2006.jpg100_2007.jpg100_2008.jpg100_2009.jpg100_2010.jpg100_2011.jpg100_2012.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Zout, you've made more progress in 4 days than was accomplished in over 30 years!!:beer:

PLUS, you have answered a question that has been bothering the chit outta me...what was that ball hitch on the forward box wall for...now I know:

Attachments

zout

I ran out of Crown bottles - but that is what I was going to use - liquid supplement while working in the Ga weather. It would kill a lesser man

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That Wild Dog is some nasty stuff, ate right clean through the floor. hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

zout

On the box interior there are 3 cover plates that hide access to the roof radius area's all 3 sides - held on by a couple hundred screws. Going to take these off so I can metal dolly hammer out those dented area's. I tried the heat & cool method on one but to no avail - so onto the best method.

Between the above and pressure washing everything - these are the next steps.

Before I re-attach those cover plates I have some awesome rubberized undercoating & my undercoating spray gun - this area will be sealed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks