• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Geeze ya all - I'm still leaning ice cream vendor truck - put two loudspeakers on them brackets on the roof already and your all set to go -

I bet after getting done tomorrow and looking that the pics - I see a holy chit I cannot believe it coming. Pick out the absolutely worse area on the truck which I already did and I will show you what the rest will look like. I'll do that in my spare time while I keep on the customers truck like he hired me to do.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Commander, can you give me some particulars on the power washer you are using with the Wild Dog. Looks like just the thing for my Ben Hur restoration.

zout

TWM - a diesel fuel 4,000 psi heated pressure washer is on my wish list - BUT I have a 1800 psi Cold water electric pressure washer - at work there is a 3,000 psi heated to 250 degree's and I could have had it done in a half of a day BUT - wishin in one hand and hoping in the other is like pissin in the wind - they are worthless so I do with what I have and get er done.

Its just an ice cream truck anyhow

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
A weapons display will definately be cheaper than a full commo setup.
It's not just a cost issue (although cost/availability IS an issue) with the radio equipment. While I agree the full communication system would be the CORRECT course to take, I just don't have the funds to put into it. Besides, it will be seen around once a month at displays/events and other than that it will just sit with the rest of the vehicles.

Also...I think folks will be much more interested in various weapons used in WWII than they would be in radio equipment...but I could be wrong.

As I stated up front, my mission here is to save the truck and let someone younger at some point put her together as she was if they have the desire/drive/funds to do so.:beer:

rickf

TWM - a diesel fuel 4,000 psi heated pressure washer is on my wish list - BUT I have a 1800 psi Cold water electric pressure washer - at work there is a 3,000 psi heated to 250 degree's and I could have had it done in a half of a day BUT - wishin in one hand and hoping in the other is like pissin in the wind - they are worthless so I do with what I have and get er done.

Its just an ice cream truck anyhow
Don't EVEN get my blood pressure up again. Weapons or radios I don't care but ice cream! Ain't happenin'.:twisted:

zout

Seeing as there are more viewers than posters - I need DONATED a full lock set and striker off the rear door of an M109 for this K18.

The drivers side box door lock is in tact - the passenger side assembly is MIA but they are the identical lock system - so if you have one please donate it to the K - you can find my address in my cookout thread
and let me know how much shipping is and I will reimburse you. I can get both keyed alike at a later date.

zout

Forgot to mention - most likely scenario for the death of the K18 was before it was parked - it had a major electrical short and nearly the entire wiring under the dash is melted from the short - then my guess is it was just parked.

Tin Medic

Do you have a good amount of the original wire left and needed lengths (good template)? I can build a new harness if thats what we need. I used to hotwire, err rewire cars for a living.

nattieleather

@Zout nobody can say you are a slacker. You get more done in one day than I've gotten done in three years on my project! Next I think your trivia question on the flooring. 3.75" Oak tongue and grove? Just like what is in my house.... :) Do I win a prize?

zout

Close but not close enough - 4 inches is what the widest width you could get - every other board was then screwed in & that is why the flooring screws are 8 inch on centers - you win an ice cream cone from PB's truck.

Just out of spite I brought down a ice cream bar and sat in the back end on one of the wheel wells and stuck my tongue out at ya all not wanting an ice cream truck - it actually tasted better sitting in it as well.

That was the roof before - I did not take an after pic cause I was too lazy to drag the ladder back out and climb up - but its clean almost like the sides. Final rinsed everything and right when I was done my pressure washer took a crap.

Here is what a little bit of time on the passenger side looks like in bare metal black epoxy primer. Yeah I know - I'll go back and get the dents of of the side of the box. Plans for the box anyhow so no big deal.
Did I mention I have a vent for the roof - now I need that shroud looking thing that covers it.100_2055.jpg100_2055.jpg100_2056.jpg100_2057.jpg100_2058.jpg100_2059.jpg100_2060.jpg100_2061.jpg100_2062.jpg100_2063.jpg - did I mention it totally sucks loading pics one by one by one on this site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks