• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1950 hobart bros 5kw genset, brush removal repair

maplehillfrm

I have a 1950 hobart bros genset, 5kw, jb5ac- it needs brushes in the genenator repaired or replaced,it has what appears to have 4 sets of 2 brushes side by side, held in with spring clips, I was able to get a few brushes loose and out, but the remaining are stubborn and wont budge, it appears I have to take the back part of the genny end off, do I have to just take the 4 bolts out that hold it into where the armiture sits?,, it looks like those bolts will allow me to take off the assy with the brushes,condensors etc , with the bearing in front, is there more involved than that, would I need to get the brushes out prior to removing that assy? thanks for any help

maplehillfrm

well I went ahead and got the assy off, used a large gear puller, now I am in need of brushes for the unit it says hobart bros 472G clear on one and 472? on the other, any help would be appreciated

maplehillfrm