• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1950 hobart bros 5kw genset, brush removal repair

maplehillfrm

I have a 1950 hobart bros genset, 5kw, jb5ac- it needs brushes in the genenator repaired or replaced,it has what appears to have 4 sets of 2 brushes side by side, held in with spring clips, I was able to get a few brushes loose and out, but the remaining are stubborn and wont budge, it appears I have to take the back part of the genny end off, do I have to just take the 4 bolts out that hold it into where the armiture sits?,, it looks like those bolts will allow me to take off the assy with the brushes,condensors etc , with the bearing in front, is there more involved than that, would I need to get the brushes out prior to removing that assy? thanks for any help

maplehillfrm

well I went ahead and got the assy off, used a large gear puller, now I am in need of brushes for the unit it says hobart bros 472G clear on one and 472? on the other, any help would be appreciated

maplehillfrm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks