• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1950 M34 Model OC-54 REO Gold Comet

BaconFarms

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I got the title back from the DOT today in the mail. Remember, the auction house sends in the sellers title which the buyer dosen't get to see, and it came back with VIN: M3494926. So, they combined the model with the stamp on the tag (which matches the frame), so I think that is all good.

Now the funny part. The truck is blue, and my son-in-law told me that that would have to be changed to red for reason left to your imagination. Well, low and behold, it says RED for color on the title. LOL.. He is going to have a hoot over that.

I think I stated this already, but it's winterized and put away (in the back forty, actually 20) until spring. I am looking for a late 40's earlly 50's REO conventional civilian truck cab, if anyone knows of any. Thanks.

Thanks for looking,

BaconFarms

BaconFarms

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think Memphis added the double frame. See it's bolted on? Factory would be rivets. See if Memphis still has those data plates, very important to operate the REB correctly or you will damage the transfer case.
I did get a set of plates from Memphis Equipment. Very nice. They have a couple kits left. Thanks for the heads up,

BaconFarms

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think @Barrman
I always thought it would be cool to have a Curtis-Wright gasser, then I could say it's an airplane at heart :p
Our Curtis "airplane" M35 had been listed for sale cheap on CL for several years and in SS as well.. Now it has been resorted to being parted out/ scrapped .. The front axle and bed has already been taken.. But it still rolls and if somebody wants it, PM with an offer .. truck can be seen here in classifieds at M34, M35, M108, M109 + A1 A2 A3 front bumpers $175ea

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks