• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 M135 W/O Winch (USMC 00-08s other truck)

USMC 00-08

Can you PM me details on them, etc.? Everything is tied up in my other truck at the moment, but I can plan ahead on yours if it works for me to buy them from you in the future.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like those videos.....It's like we're there! If you could only see my stupid grin when you throttled up and she responded like a snapping turtle. Lucky truck!

USMC 00-08

Thanks guys. I hope to finish up my other truck this summer and then start on this truck. Time for me to learn about these transmissions now.

USMC 00-08

I think you should. If you have never driven one, they are a different animal. I'm probably 6'3" tall and these are by far the most comfortable trucks for me to fit in.

USMC 00-08

Then you know what I am talking about. My knees hit the steering wheel when shifting an M35, M54, M813,etc. I just sit back and enjoy the ride in the G749 series.

I'm not sure why the military designed most of their vehicles for short guys.

yodraino

I found that the rear main seal is the usual culprit when the starter is full oil if you take the plug out of the flywheel cover that helps. good luck I just pull the engine to change the rear main seal in mine so far so good.

yodraino

I took a look but I didn't take any pictures of that step of the project I did follow the directions to a T and talk with a 82 yr old engine builder that's still has his machine shop he had some good tips.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks