• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 studebaker M35a2

Jvanderburg

Thanks this is my first M35 I don't know a lot about them so I'm hoping to learn a few things on here. So far the only problem I found is the brake lights arnt working

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from KY, truck is in very good shape for it's age. Brake lights are controlled at the 3 lever light switch. Find the operators manual, it will answer a lot of questions.

m109a2

Welcome to the site.Like Scar59 said the brake lights are fed from the three lever switch cluster,Turn on your lights then check brake lights.If no I would check the lamps with a meter and the grounds.If that does work for you go to the source hit the backside of the switch if 24 volt move down to the brake pedal switch Just remember this is a very old truck and age takes it`s toll on everything and everybody.Give me a call 337-477-1067,Al.

Jvanderburg

I have been looking through the manual all of the lights are working correctly even the Bo lights it's just the brake lights. I am trying to find out where the brake light switch is located but haven't had much luck. The truck is in great shape I was told by the previous owner that it sat in Fort smith Arkansas in a museum for several years before he got it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been looking through the manual all of the lights are working correctly even the Bo lights it's just the brake lights. I am trying to find out where the brake light switch is located but haven't had much luck. The truck is in great shape I was told by the previous owner that it sat in Fort smith Arkansas in a museum for several years before he got it.
Time to get into the maint. manual(TM). -24. Real simple system, brake pressure switch is on the air pack. Also, get a meter and shoot some wires, may be a simple broken wire. Switch is probably very old and stuck. Report back.
JC

SignalNco

Welcome to the obsession. Wow, looks to be in really great shape for the age. I had a problem with mine when I first got it. There is a connector in the harness about half-way back under the truck. Mine was a plug and socket amphenol type connector. Took it apart and sprayed some contact cleaner on both parts and worked the connector in and out a few times. That took care of the problem in mine, been working ever since. Good luck.