• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1959 m139 Bridge truck

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
because it is a gasser does not mean it don't run, it has a 6602 gas, simple motor, a few members have 5t gassers, my old m52 was a gasser, great truck, the m62 (wrecker) gets maybe 3-4 mpg a best,
once you get it, I am sure there are members that will have most of your answers to your questions

You will need the 211 (m54 series) TMs
you can find them here

http://www.jatonkam35s.com/

http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/

https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...5fb95459e-A3015A99-D14A-19E1-238F1793FB3D9566
This is the mil. TM web site,
--says bad cert., click to go anyway,

Last edited:

joestewart

Please post some photos of your bridge truck.

My first army truck was an M328, a 1954 gasser. Owned it for about six years. I think it was made by ?International?, if that's possible. I sold it in 1994 in New Orleans. Great memories, but a huge money pit. I have tons of photos but they are all in paper format.

Vintage iron

I wasn't saying that gas engines are bad. Just that gas goes bad and gums up the works. I have started gas engines after 5 yrs. They just need the carbs rebuild when you get them home and the squirrel nuts cleaned out! Still waiting for more pictures of the bridge truck and I think the wrecker is at a scrapyard now. I was put on hold three times and everyone has an attitude. I will see what I can find!

Kalashnikov

Hey Matt, where is that wrecker? I'd be interested in it depending on price if you don't want it.

I just found a bridge truck that is suppose to be in good shape but has brake issues. Thinking about it but it gas and I really don't like buying gas...

Vintage iron

The wrecker got scraped. All I managed to save was the winches. Another fallen soldier! The good news is that I am saving two others MVs from the same fate.

Kalashnikov

Wow just realized that your post was a year old. Thought it was a day before (looking back now didn't even realize it was the 18th!).

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We used our M139 bridge truck to help get the garden through the drought. We put a a 1550 gallon poly tank in it, making the weight of the water close to that of a deuce in the bed, along with a pump mounted under the bed behind the right side tandems. We are fortunate enough to have a strong spring down on some low ground. It is a rather stiff grade down to it and back up. This truck is very good for that trip, pulling it well in low range. We renewed the spring and dug a small pond with the Cat for it to flow into. The pond has been the source of the water for the truck. Fortunately the spring has remained strong through the drought. It also serves as a comfort factor if a fire should start nearby in all of the dry grass. We will not have to wait for the fire department!
More good news is that we got about 2" of rain today. PTL!!
Regards Marti

Attachments