• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1963 Diamond T, M51

For two weeks in a row a 5 ton has joined the Motorpool.
This morning Poof and myself went to check out a 5ton dump. It is a 1963, Diamond T, M51, Gasser.
The sellers were trying to get it firing on all cylinders, when we arrived. With it running a bit rough, I took it out for a spin. Then we drained out the gas tank, the truck had more bad gas than Poof with a DEFCON-5 hangover, we put in fresh gas and wahlaa it ran great. Did I mention that Poof was hung over?
We checked over the rest of the truck, everything but the lights worked great. With his bottom lip pushed into a pout, Poof held out his hand with about $1.60 in change. I took this to mean that I should make the deal, and I did.
I let Poof have the honors of driving the new ride on the 40 mile recovery trip, I only charged him $1.60 for the pleasure.
The truck is really solid, with the only rust being on the lower member of the tailgate. The gasser roars and the truck runs out at 55mph. It needs some cosmetic TLC and the seats repaired, but over all it is in nice shape.
I would like to thank Poof, on deaths door hungover Poof, for his assistance with this endevor. Did I mention that Poof was hungover? I guess I did.
Cheers,
Greg

Attachments

Last edited:

kennys@wi.rr.com

In the second picture was he under the truck trying to cool off because he was hungover or was he puking because he was hungover? Did I get the idea that he was hung over from you?

kennys@wi.rr.com

I find it hard to believe that Poof would have done anything that would warant his deserving anything like that. In fact I didn't think Poof drank. My whole view of the world is now flipped upside down.
Oh and very nice looking truck you picked up there.

poof

Dirty Hippie
My liver will be fine tomorrow... I air locked last night.... Sure would like to have been able to score that dump for my self... its a sweety... and with a minimal bit of work will be a good looker too..
:grd:

Monty

Awesome score!

Gassers are wayy cool, hope you enjoy it.

Are you going to put her to work? Or restore and show?

Again great looking truck

Chad

It will have to haul loads for it's keep, but only on my farm. I would like to give it the era correct paint job and have it for show too. It is just a ways down the list right now. Poof took it to his house and is doing some sprucing up, but it is still cool in its current condition.
Chad, are you near DaveB?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's not doing hungover correctly - he can still stand upright. Tell him add another 12 beers and try again.

Great job on the recovery!

poof

Dirty Hippie
straightened out some stuff. did a GI on the inside of cab.. installed new top.. Finaly came in handy... CGF..took off side boards.. to clean up...dropped the tail gate like you wanted Greg..
didnt get to do any power issues today..all in good time..
I need some 1 inch stencils made like these in the pictures...
any ideas..?
hmmm

and Liver is fine today.. :nothingfunny:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks