• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1967 m35a2 stalls when ran for half hr or so please help

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome,
Have you drained the fuel filters ? This should be done regularly .
Changed fuel filters ?
We need a little more background on the truck , how long have you had it and what has been done to it ?
Also do you have the TM's downloaded ( your going to need them ) you can down load them here free TM's for the Deuce
This one will some you what to inspect ; GTA-9-1-1851-8.pdf
This one should be read by everyone before operating a deuce ;TM9-2320-209-10-1.pdf
the TM's ending in -20 will cover most repairs in fair depth , TM's ending in -P are parts TM's
The TM's ending in -34 or -24 cover heavy repair .

The website help forum is for problems with the website itself , so questions on fixing your deuce should be posted in this forum ; The Deuce
Hope this helps .

Last edited:

knuckleheadks

Got it 2 weeks ago have all the filters and such on order and a new fejl pum should all be in next weekend. i have all the military tms in book form. The truck has 9000 miles on it all origional. It is my only transportation right now so i have to drive it till atleast friday.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drain the filters into a jar and see what comes out ( petcock on the bottom ) . If they have alot gunk and not much fuel it will run the fuel out and die . Does it start after sitting a few minutes ?

Edit ; Did it come from GL or private sale ? are you still runing the fuel that came in it or have you used it up ?

eagle4g63

A couple of things.........I think you have a bad fuel filter(s) and the "pump" not working is adding to the problem.......nothing you can do until you fix those FIRST.

While you are waiting........look over the site and learn "WHERE" to post your threads.......this should have been in the DEUCE thread, NOT website help!!!

Second learn HOW to use your phone if your are planning on using it to post on here.......Spelling and Capitalization are in the rules......

Other than that....WELCOME, hope you get it straightened out.....they are a load of fun and there is a wealth of info on this site.

knuckleheadks

I apolagize for the misunderstanding of the help forum and for the misspellings. I know how to use my tablet but sometimes its difficult with only one thumb being as my left one was lost to an IED in Afghanistan. So please pardon any future typos. Thanks for all the info!

eagle4g63

Boy now I feel like a dumb A$$:oops:......hope you weren't offended....we do get a lot of kids on here that just tap away on their little smart phone with no regards to spelling and what not......makes it hard to read......I hope you can accept my full apology!! And I want to thank you for your service....

I also wanted to let you know that the 2 final fuel filters can be had from NAPA the part numbers are:wix# 33540 and #33512 be sure to use both......one is a 10 micron and goes in the secondary, and the other is a 6 micron and goes in the final.....I don't know the # for the primary(I switched over to a spin on)

Also I meant to tell you last time to check your fuel pump fuse......most of the time that is all that is wrong with the pump....you can find the fuse under the square cap on top of the tank see PhotoIMG_0022.jpgIMG_0023.jpg Remove the 3 nuts on the cover and turn over, you will see a tube fuse in there.

SierraHotel

You may also want to check your grounds (I’ve heard that somewhere…a bunch of times).
Mine had intermittent power when it got to operating temperature. Started right up and worked fine until then. When it got to operating temperature, it would stay at idle most of the time (with the accelerator floored) and would give me power 2 seconds out of every 10 seconds. Made driving two miles an ordeal.
After draining the fuel tank, pulling the pump, replacing the fuse, changing all the filters and a bunch of other work…it turned out to be a loose negative cable on the battery…(sigh)…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks